• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

I realise I'm going against the grain here...

I do believe in Oakley. Hence why I referred to the innovative steps they have taken, many people never know about the tangle free nose pads thing. Lol. I just agree their style felt a little dull in 2013. I carry probably the largest selection within a large vicinity, hundreds of individual options. More options than any other line by far. But yes, I don't own a single pair. Not everyone who works at Honda drives a Honda. I just haven't found a pair that I personally love for me. And I don't keep things on a shelf. If I own it, I wear it.

Most people that OWN a Honda dealership would own a Honda. Especially if they joined a Honda forum in their spare time. How can you call yourself an Oakley lover if the only pair you've ever owned are fake? You don't see me on a Ray-Ban forum telling everyone how their styles have gotten flat, but i've never owned a pair myself.

You have to look at it from my end, I actually own hundreds. I get to try them on everyday, I get to clean them everyday. I get the excitement of unboxing them when they come in, waiting for special editions, setting them up on display. I get all that excitement everyone here gets I just don't wear them home. Honestly I almost never wear sunglasses. It's not my thing. I own 2 pairs myself personally. A pair of Maui Jim I got for free from my Rep and a pair of Ray Bans that I have had forever before I was a ray ban retailer. I love Oakley for their innovation, for their support of the military. I really like my Rep and his passion. I don't have to have them sitting in my bedroom to love them. I play with hundreds everyday, try new ones on every day. Also, I'm personally a cheapskate. I don't need a pair personally because I already have two. As an entrepreneur, I would rather have them on the sales floor to pay my bills then in my bedroom is all. =)

Lol. This is a deadbeat topic. Even a Oakley DM told me 2013 was not a good year for the company release wise. She said 2014 would be better. But yes if you are a dealer, you may not want a 2013 pair but there are plenty of previous releases that you can buy. I own 65 pairs, two display cases and tons of other clothing and accessories.

Yeah, my Rep said the same thing, 2013 was not a stellar year for product. I should back up and explain I have owned real Oakley before, like my favorite blue minutes, but gave them for instance to my brother. I'm just not a collector hence why there is no need to hold on to them. If I'm not using a pair they go to my dad or brother, etc. If 2014 has a style I like then I'll wear them, if not I'll just be caught running around in what I already have. Since I'm not a collector I'm more into the new releases. Just wasn't anything I loved for 2013, that was my point behind my comments. Hope that better clarifies it. =)

Most people that OWN a Honda dealership would own a Honda. Especially if they joined a Honda forum in their spare time. How can you call yourself an Oakley lover if the only pair you've ever owned are fake? You don't see me on a Ray-Ban forum telling everyone how their styles have gotten flat, but i've never owned a pair myself.

I happen to know two people that own car dealerships, and I can say that you are off with your logic on this point. One guy owns a Toyota dealership, only owns a Merc and a BMW. The other is a Caddy dealer (also sells Mini and BMW), and he drives a Prius. His wife does have a Caddy though.

People buy what suits them, regardless of if they can get it at an extreme discount or not. Both guys are very well off and can afford to drive what they like, not what puts money in their account. One of the biggest perks of being an owner of any dealership is that you can "test drive" your whole inventory, be it glasses or cars.

I happen to know two people that own car dealerships, and I can say that you are off with your logic on this point. One guy owns a Toyota dealership, only owns a Merc and a BMW. The other is a Caddy dealer (also sells Mini and BMW), and he drives a Prius. His wife does have a Caddy though.

People buy what suits them, regardless of if they can get it at an extreme discount or not. Both guys are very well off and can afford to drive what they like, not what puts money in their account. One of the biggest perks of being an owner of any dealership is that you can "test drive" your whole inventory, be it glasses or cars.

You seem to get my point. =) Now that you mention it an old friend of mine was Don Simmons who owns a chain of car dealerships up in NY & PA, Simmons-Rockwell. He drove only Jeep Grand Cherokees and was mega rich but guess what brand he didn't sell? Ding, ding, ding ... Jeep.

Plus I'm the oddball out here because I own hundreds of pairs that I get to play with every day but yet I'm not a collector. It's just not my thing, but I can still love and have a passion for the company and their products.

Good night all! =)

Lol. This is a deadbeat topic. Even a Oakley DM told me 2013 was not a good year for the company release wise. She said 2014 would be better. But yes if you are a dealer, you may not want a 2013 pair but there are plenty of previous releases that you can buy. I own 65 pairs, two display cases and tons of other clothing and accessories.

7ydapyhe.jpg

Don't jump on Sunglass Shack too much. At least he's honest about what he owns and doesn't own. I could totally see someone opening a shop and having no desire to buy any of the 2013 models. Heck, I own 200+ pairs and didn't buy a single 2013 new release. Hopefully Lux will take notice of slumping sales and reevaluate what they're doing at O.

Back