• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Frogskins Vs Ray-Ban Wayfarers?

Nobody talking about the quality of lenses? I have both and my Frogs are way sharper. Even basic grey lenses.

The Rayban sit higher on my face, Ive never been a fan of the "Rayban" on the lens. I just find frogs lighter and stronger, plus they fit in my jeans pocket.

i wear both~!
tbh Oakley lens esp iridiums prone to scratches easily, Literally had scratch on my frog 1st day wearing a Brand new pair..which kinda sux
Then again its most comfortable & light!
Could accidentally sit on it;arms comes off, and i can pop it back again ha

I collect sunglasses, so I have both. I always wear my Frogs though. Much lighter and more comfortable. I really like my leather Wayfarers, and the Polarized lenses are pretty good, but the PRIZM lenses on my Woodgrain Frogskins are truly great. I like having both, but Frogs are the best for all day comfort hands down.

I bought Wayfarers/G-15 well over 45 years ago to go flying.
They were state-of-the-art lenses at the time, and they served admirably, except when inverted.
:crazypilot:
Worn them everywhere at least twice, since. All weathers, all work, all life's events.
Still completely original, I'm looking to replace the "heavy" glass lenses, but the glasses still function flawlessly.

I own no Frogs, but have been considering fixing that due to @sOuLfUlFoRg and his mesmerizing creations.
I would be hopeful, though sceptical, that Frogs would give such long service, as a consequence of their "lightness".

Mind you, I'm not likely to last another 40 years myself...
:angel:

Last edited:
I bought Wayfarers/G-15 well over 45 years ago to go flying.
They were state-of-the-art lenses at the time, and they served admirably, except when inverted.
:crazypilot:
Worn them everywhere at least twice, since. All weathers, all work, all life's events.
Still completely original, I'm looking to replace the "heavy" glass lenses, but the glasses still function flawlessly.

I own no Frogs, but have been considering fixing that due to @sOuLfUlFoRg and his mesmerizing creations.
I would be hopeful, though sceptical, that Frogs would give such long service, as a consequence of their "lightness".

Mind you, I'm not likely to last another 40 years myself...
:angel:
Too kind my friend. Really Thank you.

I think it was Jim that openly said he ripped RayBan's Wayferer design...

Simple glasses, but a blatant copy of the original W...

Back