• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Think I found a generation difference?

So most guys prefer the earlier generation frames? I also noticed that the 5th gen frame is a shade darker than my 2 J serial...the earlier ones seem to be uneven...while there are a few scratches her and there, nothing is too bad, so I don’t see myself getting them refinished because they won’t be the same

A lot of people do. The earlier gen also didn’t have rounded tabs of orbitals (where they insert into nosebridge) resulting in flex coupler lasting longer.

A lot of people do. The earlier gen also didn’t have rounded tabs of orbitals (where they insert into nosebridge) resulting in flex coupler lasting longer.
Why would they change that?!? I did notice that though when I took them apart to tune them

I don't think it was intentional it was a side effect of more automated finishing such has being finished in a tumbler vs hand finishing. One tab is always more rounded off than the other due to the shape of the orbital and how it tumbled around wearing one tab down more than the other. That's my best guess anyway.

I don’t know if this has been discussed on here before or not, but I noticed a difference in my Juliet’s...one pair is a 24-125 frame and the other is J serial....

There is clearly a difference in the with of the nosebridge at the top...I have 2 J serial Juliet’s and they’re both wider than the later 24-125 frame....Could anyone explain why? Has this been discussed before??

View attachment 474247
Hey brother, clear out you inbox. Pm me

Back