• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hello Forum!
There is a unicorn out there in the wild and I'd like to have your guess about its worth.

This is a SI Halo Racing Jacket Prototype. It never came to mass production. I saw it in a Military Sales Rep office. He got it as a sample long time ago. But Oakley decided not to produce them.
I differs from the normal Racing Jacket - Halo kit, SI branded in the left stem, long Unobtainium rubbers under the stem (normal RJ just got short earsocks).

He is about to sell this one soon. It's not mine and I'm not involved in a possible sale.
just want to figure out how much it might be worth. ;)
Where are the Standard Issue Freaks?

SI RJ 01.jpg
SI RJ 02.jpg
SI RJ 03.jpg
SI RJ 04.jpg

Hello Forum!
There is a unicorn out there in the wild and I'd like to have your guess about its worth.

This is a SI Halo Racing Jacket Prototype. It never came to mass production. I saw it in a Military Sales Rep office. He got it as a sample long time ago. But Oakley decided not to produce them.
I differs from the normal Racing Jacket - Halo kit, SI branded in the left stem, long Unobtainium rubbers under the stem (normal RJ just got short earsocks).

He is about to sell this one soon. It's not mine and I'm not involved in a possible sale.
just want to figure out how much it might be worth. ;)
Where are the Standard Issue Freaks?

View attachment 754867View attachment 754868View attachment 754869View attachment 754870
Did you call out for SI freaks?
I have that pair with shooting lenses - TR45 (that's how they came). I got them for $125.

There is a Speed Jacket, a Flak Jacket, a M-Frame, a Radar in the SI-Line... with that lens. But no SI Racing Jacket. I doubt that you have one @Manish because they never came out. There was no release of them, no SKU.

There is a Speed Jacket, a Flak Jacket, a M-Frame, a Radar in the SI-Line... with that lens. But no SI Racing Jacket. I doubt that you have one @Manish because they never came out. There was no release of them, no SKU.
Suit yourself with that assumption on the release and if I am in possession of one.

@mtb-nj will vouch for it as he led me to that sale.

You are in luck @Gunn
No one doubts my possessions; there are several here who indeed have the SI Racing Jacket as they were released on the SI website for a while.
From the archieves.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Did it came with the Halo Kit originally? @Manish
What is the SKU on them?
I got mine from an ex-employee of Oakley.
She was a field rep in North Dakota in her past life.
She had 2 at the time and there were no markings on the frame and neither did it come as a kit.
I was surprised to find a gasket with the frame and lens for it in the mail as it was not advertised having the gasket initially.
It has TR22 lenses.

Back