• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi guys,
been offered this Mag Switch Beater Frame.
Never had one.
What should I pay?
What do Earsocks, Nosepads cost and how hard are they to find?

Thanks Forum

View attachment 702159

Rubbers are a pain to find.... nose pads alternative can be a Valve 1.0 (which is rare to find in itself) or a hatchet wire (again, a pain to source out) or a Mag Four (a tad smaller than the original Mag Switch. Again, rare to find).

Earsocks original replacement is like finding needles in...you know what. Mine was custom cut by Bobby Catina from the Philippines minus the dimples on the rubber. Lenses need to be cut coz no one sell replacement lenses. There was one original lenses, as what the seller claimed, on ebay UK but I think that's gone already.

And then there's the issue of refinishing the frame color. My frames were all professionally done Bobby but I think most of our in-house color master can sort that one out for you.

What i'm really trying to say to you is, if you can have the frame for free then go ahead and take it then have it refurbished/customized. Just be prepared to spend more to have it to near-mint condition. Or save yourself the pain of spending too much and waiting too long and buy a better condition Mag Switch than what is pictured above.

Hi guys,
been offered this Mag Switch Beater Frame.
Never had one.
What should I pay?
What do Earsocks, Nosepads cost and how hard are they to find?

Thanks Forum

View attachment 702159

You do not need lenses?
To be honest, buying this will only make sense if you can fix it up by yourself..
If not, just buy one in good condition for $200,-

Rubbers are a pain to find.... nose pads alternative can be a Valve 1.0 (which is rare to find in itself) or a hatchet wire (again, a pain to source out) or a Mag Four (a tad smaller than the original Mag Switch. Again, rare to find).

Earsocks original replacement is like finding needles in...you know what. Mine was custom cut by Bobby Catina from the Philippines minus the dimples on the rubber. Lenses need to be cut coz no one sell replacement lenses. There was one original lenses, as what the seller claimed, on ebay UK but I think that's gone already.

And then there's the issue of refinishing the frame color. My frames were all professionally done Bobby but I think most of our in-house color master can sort that one out for you.

What i'm really trying to say to you is, if you can have the frame for free then go ahead and take it then have it refurbished/customized. Just be prepared to spend more to have it to near-mint condition. Or save yourself the pain of spending too much and waiting too long and buy a better condition Mag Switch than what is pictured above.
Hey man,
I already had this feeling with this frame. You have confirmed my gut feeling.
Thank you, you have a lot of headache and money.

Hey man,
I already had this feeling with this frame. You have confirmed my gut feeling.
Thank you, you have a lot of headache and money.

It is a great frame no doubt but the materials they used don't give justice to the design. The frame coating will not last long if you sweat a lot, the spring hinge suffer the same problem as with the Hatchet wire, the pins on the nose bridge is another issue, its plastic and no one sell replacements (need to be customized).

Mine was born of love to see this frame reborn. 5 of the six Mag Switch I keep are of the same or near better/worst condition like the one you are eyeing when I bought them and they ranged between $40.00 to $80.00 beater frames. I am happy with the result but after the fifth frame I decided I had enough.

You can check them here:

Back