• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vaping

I switched from smoking to vaping 2.5 years ago. And haven't touched a cigarette since.

6 people have died from vaping. 140,000 people die from smoking every year. Which means 2 have died while I was typing this. I like my chances better with vaping.
Yeah but tobacco smokers are dying after years and years of smoking. These people are dying after months. Statistics of your chances are super high. Not a lot of data to spew this other than the 6 people probably haven't been vaping for 30+ years. Vaping and tobacco and stopping...its like putting a bandaid on a severed arm. Not really a resolve or a way to stop "smoking" cause you really aren't and have not.
Enough said. I do neither. Mostly concerned for the youth. You all are responsible for your own actions.
Continue on. Love all you OBro's, and OSisters.

Yeah but tobacco smokers are dying after years and years of smoking. These people are dying after months. Statistics of your chances are super high. Not a lot of data to spew this other than the 6 people probably haven't been vaping for 30+ years. Vaping and tobacco and stopping...its like putting a bandaid on a severed arm. Not really a resolve or a way to stop "smoking" cause you really aren't and have not.
Enough said. I do neither. Mostly concerned for the youth. You all are responsible for your own actions.
Continue on. Love all you OBro's, and OSisters.
this isn't even mentioning the number of people hospitalized yet, those numbers are more that just the 6....... and I actually thought it was 9 deaths........ there are just want to many coincidences to ignore this as a really bad health issue.

Fed up of walking through sickly sweet clouds of guff too. At least we know what it is in cigarettes that kills people, the vaping fluids are a big unknown in most cases.

I do not know anything about vaping or the chemistry involved. But the media is not hyping this as my daughter has a friend in the hospital because of vaping. I know hundreds of tobacco smokers and none are in the hospital (though probably slowly dying) from it. I stopped smoking in 1982. The Navy requires you to smoke...LOL especially down in the fire room.
Don't get me start on pain meds. Too many people that want to blame the drug companies instead of being responsible for themselves. ****** it up for the people who like a little oxy and a whisky from time to time.
(JK...or not)

Blaming Bayer because your kid OD', is like blaming McDonalds because youre fat. And that lawsuit is coming...

6 so far. But really theres no regulation on this (sometimes regulation is needed) So these people are brewing vape juice in their bathtubs and selling it! bubble gum flavor probably doesnt come from vitamin e.

See the FDA and all the big wigs can't say this until theyve done enough testing, but the big medical marijuana companies with big bucks already know that vitamin E is "in some of the cutting agents used for ready to smoke products" and that's why they are spending their money to test their products for it now; so they can avoid a class action later.

You can read about it here:

See the newer extraction method is called Co2 extraction and the companies cut it down so it's more fluid and burns better in ready-to-use vape cartridges. If you've ever extracted THC or seen it done youd know it doesnt look like the watery substance that comes in the vape cartridges.

Stick to ethanol extraction products and use a rig and blowtorch instead of a dueschy vape pen like I have for 15+ years and you'll be oooookkkkkkkkkkkk.......

Back