• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Vaping

Vaping isn’t the problem. The problem is what people are vaping.

Regular e-liquid was found to be 95% less harmful than smoking years ago by the UK government. This recent wave of sicknesses and deaths is from something new. Black market garbage and people adding stuff to THC oil. E liquid is just vegetable glycerine, propylene glycol, nicotine, and flavorings. All ingredients used by reputable manufacturers are FDA approved on their own.

Vaping isn’t the problem. The problem is what people are vaping.

Regular e-liquid was found to be 95% less harmful than smoking years ago by the UK government. This recent wave of sicknesses and deaths is from something new. Black market garbage and people adding stuff to THC oil. E liquid is just vegetable glycerine, propylene glycol, nicotine, and flavorings. All ingredients used by reputable manufacturers are FDA approved on their own.

Sorry chap, but you lost me at "UK government" 😂

JK

Having said all that...NOBODY should start vaping unless they're trying to quit smoking. Especially kids. Vaping liquid from reputable sources may be less harmful, but nicotine addiction sucks. Also, any shop that mixes their own liquid should be nuked from orbit. I used to buy liquid from a place that mixed their own and got a nasty cough. I switched to a mass-produced liquid from a reputable manufacturer that employs actual chemists and uses all FDA approved ingredients and my symptoms went away in a few days. I've been vaping only US made mass produced liquids for almost 10 years and my doctor says I have the lungs of a non-smoker. That's after having smoked cigs for 8 years.

The flavor ban is still dumb as hell. The FDA does need to regulate, but current products should stay on the market until the FDA regulations are in place to keep people from buying garbage liquid.

Last edited:
Having said all that...NOBODY should start vaping unless they're trying to quit smoking. Especially kids. Vaping liquid from reputable sources may be less harmful, but nicotine addiction sucks. Also, any shop that mixes their own liquid should be nuked from orbit. I used to buy liquid from a place that mixed their own and got a nasty cough. I switched to a mass-produced liquid from a reputable manufacturer that employs actual chemists and uses all FDA approved ingredients and my symptoms went away in a few days. I've been vaping only US made mass produced liquids for almost 10 years and my doctor says I have the lungs of a non-smoker. That's after having smoked cigs for 8 years.

The flavor ban is still dumb as hell. The FDA does need to regulate, but current products should stay on the market until the FDA regulations are in place to keep people from buying garbage liquid.

Save your lungs for the weeeeeed maaaaaan

I was close to 2 1/2 packs of cigarettes a day and trying to get rid of that habit was an exercise in futility. I tried everything from nicotine patches to nicotine lozenges. I had been smoking for over 2 decades.

This was until I discovered vaping. I cut my consumption to about half in just 1 week. Within 3 weeks I was down to 2 cigs and eventually quit them altogether. I no longer have the smoker’s cough or the stamina of an octogenarian. LOL!!

Instead of banning flavors, the govt / FDA should institute regulatory bodies to prohibit sales to minors. The problem arises when these kids mix THC and other garbage thus blatantly abusing the concept of vaping. Vaping is by no means a bulletproof option, but is a much safer alternative for those adults (emphasis on adults) choosing to dump cigs. I mean this is an adult vice and should not be taken away from them. By the same token are you going to ban cigs and alcohol as well? Kids have more access to them, then vaping. And compare the deaths due to smoking. It’s a TKO.

I commend the UK; Public health England and Royal college of physicians in particular, for their extensive and exhaustive research into this matter and for opening the eyes of their MP’s. They even passed an unprecedented “vaping bill” in the parliament, if I’m not mistaken. Hospitals in the UK have even set up vape shops inside the premises, to encourage people to ditch smoking and embrace vaping to save their lives.

Last edited:
From the public health matters (UK) blogs:

1) “Our advice on e-cigarettes remains unchanged - vaping isn’t completely risk free but is far less harmful than smoking tobacco. There is no situation where it would be better for your health to continue smoking rather than switching completely to vaping.”

2) “Smoking kills thousands every year & creating a smokefree generation is one of our top priorities. Vaping is a fraction of the risk of smoking and makes it much more likely you’ll quit successfully than relying on willpower alone. The sooner you stop smoking completely the better.”

I was close to 2 1/2 packs a day of cigarettes and trying to get rid of that habit was an exercise in futility. I tried everything from nicotine patches to nicotine lozenges. I had been smoking for over 2 decades.

This was until I discovered vaping. I cut my consumption to about half in just 1 week. Within 3 weeks I was down to 2 cigs and eventually quit them altogether. I no longer have the smoker’s cough or the stamina of an octogenarian. LOL!!

Instead of banning flavors, the govt / FDA should institute regulatory bodies to prohibit sales to minors. The problem arises when these kids mix THC and other garbage thus blatantly abusing the concept of vaping. Vaping is by no means a bulletproof option, but is a much safer alternative for those adults (emphasis on adults) choosing to dump cigs. I mean this is an adult vice and should not be taken away from them. By the same token are you going to ban cigs and alcohol as well? Kids have more access to them, then vaping. And compare the deaths due to smoking. It’s a TKO.

I commend the UK; Public health England and Kings college in particular, for their intense research into this matter and for opening the eyes of their MP’s. They even passed an unprecedented “vaping bill” in the parliament, if I’m not mistaken. Hospitals in the UK have even set up vape shops inside the premises, to encourage people to ditch smoking and embrace vaping to save their lives.

Well put except the part about thc defeating the purpose of vaping.

Medical Marijuana patients vape THC because its the only way to burn the concentrate. This allows patients to get a higher dosage of medicine with taking in less smoke/vapors to their lungs.

Back