• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

First Case - Need Experts Help

OK I got a quote on 2 thickness. First one is 6mm and the second is 9mm thick. Original door measurement is 7.95mm. Any issues going with the thinner of the 2? I don't really want to go too thick and have issues with the hinges with the thinner glass I think I could easily use a thin washer to snug things up.

Found another supplier that has sheets already cut 48" x 12" x 3/8" and can trim them. So it would be the thicker of the 2 but maybe cheaper than the first place I contacted.

That’s not bad, we’re paying $117 US for a 4x8 sheet right now. We’re a sign shop so we have lots of it on hand and scrap a fair bit…if you were closer I’d try to help you out. If you haven’t checked with a local sign shop they might be able to get you a scrap piece at an even better price, worth a shot. If these prices are from a sign shop then good on you for knowing where to look.

I mean $75 isn't bad. I'm happy to pay that. I'm sure I can drill the holes myself once I get them marked. Will leave any protectors on the plexi until I get everything measured up.

Picked up my door today :D Really hoping my Sister can deliver me my case soon so I can get working on it.

IMG_0686.jpeg

Latest Posts

Back