• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

ProzoneUK

The polarized lenses will have polarized
The matte lenses won't have any etching at all.

A3CC2672-904C-493D-B9A2-CC24F5206CDD.jpeg

The non polarized lenses will have ZEISS on them. The polarized lenses will have polarized and the R1 I haven't decided yet.
The matte lenses won't have any etching at all.

I think that's a fair compromise. But especially pumped about the matte lenses now. Because like others, I've not been persuaded (regardless of how nice they look) to drop the kind of cash necessary to obtain current options.

There has already been a thread with a large outcry that they dont etch "xmetal" on their r1 lenses...

The problem is...how would you be able to tell a difference between a zeiss lense and an oakley lense?
Easily Trump. I have bought them and they
I can usually tell the difference between OEM and aftermarket whether it's a slight difference in base tint or iridium tint around the edges(except for black and silver lenses). But zeiss has a good name and may be much more difficult to tell a difference. Not that prozone has bad intentions but they cant have control over whether a reseller has bad intentions.

.....and yes....those Brazilian lenses are nassssty
He has no bad intentions buddy. I work with Chris and he is a genuine guy. He is the only person Zeiss will work with to make lenses for the X-metals. The Zeiss have already surpassed Oakley lenses in quality. We need to get our heads out of the clouds thinking Oakley will never be beaten for lens tech. That is Bollox and been proven. I have no problem at all buying the Zeiss for the metals as In my honest opinion they are better.

He has no bad intentions buddy. I work with Chris and he is a genuine guy. He is the only person Zeiss will work with to make lenses for the X-metals. The Zeiss have already surpassed Oakley lenses in quality. We need to get our heads out of the clouds thinking Oakley will never be beaten for lens tech. That is Bollox and been proven. I have no problem at all buying the Zeiss for the metals as In my honest opinion they are better.

Nothing wrong with being a purist. But to be a purist at the blind exclusion of all else just isn't good. Pretty soon all the lenses will have Zeiss packaging and data sheets.

Well i dont mean to come off as ignorant, but is there any tests that have been done by sn optician comparing them to Oakley? Are they ansi z87 rated?

Back