• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sunglass Hut Exclusives CANNOT Be Exchanged Or Refunded, NO Box, ISSUES!

Well the box he ripped up was for Half jackets back when they had extra nose pieces 1.0 I know 2 do too....He fished them out of the debris but still didnt care abt ripping the box up ...to be honest no they were not artist but I saw the dead box pile once and there were signature boxes in there to be thrown out...

Tearing up the boxes is policy that is put in place to benefit them because of limited space. With that said limited or exclusives should apply new policies. Or else these policies do exactly that... BENEFIT SGH....not the customer.

Tearing up the boxes is policy that is put in place to benefit them because of limited space. With that said their policies do exactly that... BENEFIT THEM....not the customer.

i hate that in store policy, but i kind of understand that, kind of, but there is no good reason that the box should not be included if ordered online. you assume as big as SGH is as an overall company, they can have multiple warehouses around the U.S. to pull untouched stock from. companies with less resources store the glasses in boxes, i am disappointed to find out that is not the case with SGH. a customer should get the glasses from online the same way the store initially receives it untouched with boxes.

I feel pretty fortunate them to have multiple SGH stores that will save any box I want and know Im interested in unopened items.

Not sure if anyone has seen it yet but the Matte Black w/ + Red (OO9102-36) are available on Oakley.com. Complete with box I would guarantee. :cool:

Not sure if anyone has seen it yet but the Matte Black w/ + Red (OO9102-36) are available on Oakley.com. Complete with box I would guarantee. :cool:

Wow! thanks for the info...I picked up the polarized 00 but I am thinking about sending these box-less pair back and spending half the money for non-polarized +red that will come factory fresh in a nice little Oakley container. lol

Wow! thanks for the info...I picked up the polarized 00 but I am thinking about sending these box-less pair back and spending half the money for non-polarized +red that will come factory fresh in a nice little Oakley container. lol

Yeah. I knew the non-polarized ones were not a SGH exclusive but I thought I would throw it out there in the thread if people were more interested in getting a complete box and sunglass set than a polarized pair with the possibility of no box.

I feel pretty fortunate them to have multiple SGH stores that will save any box I want and know Im interested in unopened items.

Exactly. Let us know that you want original packaging in good condition, and we'll make sure that the next pair that arrives goes to you, unopened. Any store should do this for you, if they won't, simply let them know you're a collector and taking your business to another location.

Others have mentioned that it's store "policy" to throw the boxes. I don't believe it's a policy, simply a practice because we don't have enough room for all the boxes, nor do 99.9% of our customers want them. So it's not like we'd get in trouble for keeping a box... If they are telling you it's "policy" and are refusing to give you the next box that comes in (ESPECIALLY if you have your proof of purchase), then either they are confused or don't care about customer service, which means they shouldn't be working for us in the first place.

i hate that in store policy, but i kind of understand that, kind of, but there is no good reason that the box should not be included if ordered online. you assume as big as SGH is as an overall company, they can have multiple warehouses around the U.S. to pull untouched stock from. companies with less resources store the glasses in boxes, i am disappointed to find out that is not the case with SGH. a customer should get the glasses from online the same way the store initially receives it untouched with boxes.

Did you make an online purchase that came without a box? I would make a formal complaint to 1-800-SUNGLAS. Sunglasses should come with all original packaging.

Did you make an online purchase that came without a box? I would make a formal complaint to 1-800-SUNGLAS. Sunglasses should come with all original packaging.

In Oakley stores all eyewear is sold with boxes, destorying the boxes in my opinion makes more sense. For return purposes all eyewear must be returned with the original box. Often customers will try to make returns without boxes and we have to deny them because they do not have the packaging. This is very frustrating for customers seeing how the eyewear is what is important and the cardboard it came in seems like just packaging.
Oakley has recently converted most eyewear boxes to look identical (no more green ss series boxes, red Ducati graphics etc) to help some of these issues.

Most importantly, if collecting was easy it wouldn't be as much fun!

i was referencing the posts made in this thread. it seems that it has happened to at least two people that posted up if i understood them right. definitely happened to alcapon1, and Batwolf followed up after.

Yep, Just got the second pair from Sun Glass Hut in the mail....Did not even come with a box this time.

You know what... I am through with SGH......At least eBay I know what I am getting. 200$ for a pair of Oakleys with no box ordered online. other people got them......, you got to be lucky or something to get the box.

Same thing happened to me. It's pretty frustrating, almost wish I had ordered them from the Bay.

Latest Posts

Back