• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying to get custody of my son

Very slow progress, but finally have a court date at the end of June. Been an uphill battle all the way, but small progress is better than no progress. It's been two years since I've seen him, but finally got to pick him up.

IMG_1283.JPG

Holy ******************. Two years?

And congrats.

Yeah, he was lost with his mom in Mexico for a while. Long story short, she lost custody of him to her parents in December (unbeknownst to me). Her parents have him now, but they did not take custody of him by the book. I was never notified, nor was any attempt made to notify me, so legally their temporary orders should be thrown out. My attorney was able to contact her parents attorney, and on his advice, they let me pick him up this weekend. I think they are trying to save face. I'm just glad to see him and have him for the weekend. It's taken nearly 5K to get to this point, and still have yet to go to court, but I will have my day.

Yeah, he was lost with his mom in Mexico for a while. Long story short, she lost custody of him to her parents in December (unbeknownst to me). Her parents have him now, but they did not take custody of him by the book. I was never notified, nor was any attempt made to notify me, so legally their temporary orders should be thrown out. My attorney was able to contact her parents attorney, and on his advice, they let me pick him up this weekend. I think they are trying to save face. I'm just glad to see him and have him for the weekend. It's taken nearly 5K to get to this point, and still have yet to go to court, but I will have my day.
So glad you have him! I wish you lots of luck in court!

Man, I can't imagine the feeling of two years without your boy... Hug that kid tight! I sure hope the court makes the right call. You obviously deserve to be the one to teach him to be a man. Best of luck! :drinks:

Man, I can't imagine the feeling of two years without your boy... Hug that kid tight! I sure hope the court makes the right call. You obviously deserve to be the one to teach him to be a man. Best of luck! :drinks:

Thanks, brother.

Back