• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trying to get custody of my son

Go fund me and a Yeti raffle I did, helped with about 2.5k, but it's a drop in the bucket.

They didn't have it and gave up.

Unfortunately, the courts here heavily favor the mother and despite her losing custody to her parents, I still have only a minimal chance at getting him. Gotta love small town TX. After this, my funds and resources have run dry. I don't know where I go next.

Unfortunately, the courts here heavily favor the mother and despite her losing custody to her parents, I still have only a minimal chance at getting him. Gotta love small town TX. After this, my funds and resources have run dry. I don't know where I go next.
Eliminate her parents. :hi:

So, we are fast approaching the court date on 6/30. Have been through another 5k, and my attorney says, I'll be honest with you, I think you need a different attorney to help with this case. I'm going to recommend someone I know who has handled these types of cases and won, oh and by they way, he'll need another 5k from you. So, I'm 12.5 k into this now over the last 7 years and all I have is a court date. Let's see what happens and how this all plays out. :mad:

On one hand, hope he was being truthful in the sense that he really came to a conclusion where he knows your odds are better with a different attorney — vs. having you still invest into him for a lost campaign (by his expectations).

But that's a real PITA to find out this late in the game.

Back