• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman problems

I did post it on 2 different forums, no accident. Sunglass and beach and salt water go hand in hand. If the new XMetal cant manage salt water then Oakley is going to have trouble selling them. Im debating returning them for my money back ang going back to my XX 24K.

I did post it on 2 different forums, no accident. Sunglass and beach and salt water go hand in hand. If the new XMetal cant manage salt water then Oakley is going to have trouble selling them. Im debating returning them for my money back ang going back to my XX 24K.
I'd have to disagree with the next to last statement. If you want to go into the ocean, just get equipment that is designed for that purpose. AFAIK, no Oakley sunglasses are designed for salt water immersion. Sure, your previous metals worked well in the ocean, but they weren't designed for it.

I'd have to disagree with the last statement. If you want to go into the ocean, just get equipment that is designed for that purpose. AFAIK, no Oakley sunglasses are designed for salt water immersion. Sure, your previous metals worked well in the ocean, but they weren't designed for it.
Well said.

I used to wear my x-metals (the real ones) at the beach all the time, too. Until a thieving wave stole a pair right off my face. Now I won't risk repeating that mistake.

So instead I got some waterjackets, with the integrated strap. I also got some of the M-frame straps that work with my radarlocks.

And I will never, never go jet skiing in a Canadian lake while wearing a pair of Carbon C-6s... ;)

the spring hinge can get temperamental even in ideal conditions.
you'd be better with a normal hinged model for that kind of use
still not ideal, i don't even like mine getting sea spray on them

Latest Posts

Back