• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Of The Men Here Rock The Violet Lenses?

Sorry guys, purple is for king's robes and hazy acid trips, not for a man's eyes. Orange is sophomoric and violet gives off a fruity vibe; they're two lens hues I won't be seen wearing.
If you're so insecure about wearing a certain color, perhaps you should have your man card revoked?

Seriously, it's a fu**ing color! If you like it who cares? I wear Violet and wouldn't think less of anyone wearing the same color or even pink, yellow or any other color.

If anyone lets their friends dictate what they wear maybe you should get new friends or for once get what you want.

I wear violet iridium all the time. I also wear Grape Juice Holbrook and Jupiter frames too, and I've never gotten any crap from anyone. Even if you do...who cares? If you like 'em, wear 'em!

I sure like Violet lens.
I have Juliet Custom Black Chrome with Violet Lens.

CustomJulietBlackChromeVioletLens.jpg

Attachments

• CustomJulietBlackChromeVioletLens.jpg
    CustomJulietBlackChromeVioletLens.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 172
I always preferred Black/ Brown/ Gold/ice/ ruby just because my wife and I dont like some of the colors like Violet on me-prefer subtlety, I guess... but those are some really ignorant SGH people...even if they really were aimed at women u'd think they want a sale and shut up. Did I understand u that the employee also thought Fire and Ruby were for women? Fire is one the most popular lenses- I just dont like it a lot- butI see guys wearing it ALL the time-am not sure what "sophomoric" means in this instance-. Way back when I worked at a music store my boss would get seriously annoyed if workers(us) commented negatively on someone's choice in music out loud. Its like white frames I look silly to mein them , but I saw a biker riding a Harley with white Oakleys ...I'd like to see someone tell him white is "feminine" to his face(huge dude) People should wear what they want...gee
actually I dont judge anyone and don't care what other adults do within the law but my wife is in theater and tells me the gay guys she has met-probabaly quite a few- dont even wear Oakley for the most part ...not that it matters...if u know who u are who cares what people think....I did originally think Violet was for women's frames just from conditioning, I suppose, but I am proved wrong. Lots of cool people on here have it....

If you're so insecure about wearing a certain color, perhaps you should have your man card revoked?

Seriously, it's a fu**ing color! If you like it who cares? I wear Violet and wouldn't think less of anyone wearing the same color or even pink, yellow or any other color.

If anyone lets their friends dictate what they wear maybe you should get new friends or for once get what you want.

Incorrect assumption that not wanting to look like a fruitcake equals being insecure. I just don't want to look like a fruitcake. That's not what I want to project.

I just don't buy a pair of sunglasses with Violet lenses projects that. I mean seriously....I'm 6'5" tall, 205 lbs, shave my head or cut it super close depending on mood, I carry myself with confidence; first of all, I doubt people even notice the glasses that much and if they do its ancillary to the rest of what they are percieving. But, if that is the case for some--fine. I don't care. If I cared about such I wouldn't drive an orange muscle car or wear things like X Metals. Course I still think this is a just another "constant need to prove I'm a real man" thing that's tied up in archaic, backwards male stereotypes and its probably why the vast majority of my friends are women. They're not as tied up in that and once they get to know me, my personality becomes the primary influence in the relationship.

I love Violet Lenses and I'm far from a fruitcake it sounds like some people are very insecure with their manhood. if your not into innovated designs or awesome lens colors you probably shouldn't own Oakleys. That's kind of what they are all about. Just Saying

If you aren't comfortable walking down the street in chaps with no pants, a women's bra on, and violet sunglasses, and a mohawk, you are insecure in your manhood.

Let's not forget the Infinite Hero's.....I personally like the way Violet looks....Here are my IH Juliets and my VL Polarized Violet in Polished Juliet frame....
photo33-2.jpg

photo9-3.jpg

Attachments

• photo33-2.jpg
    photo33-2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 157
  • photo9-3.jpg
    photo9-3.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 161
Back