• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Sapphire Iridium VS Polarized Sapphire Iridium

Radstark

Oakley Beginner
What are the differences, mainly from the inside? How much does this Prizm version distort colours and in what way? Do they really look the same from the outside?
Is Prizm ok for everyday and driving? I've read somewhere that it makes reading on computers and phones difficult, is this true?
I'm asking this because Crossrange Round has that lens colour in Prizm version but not in Polarized version, but I wouldn't want to discard the polarization either.

What are the differences, mainly from the inside? How much does this Prizm version distort colours and in what way? Do they really look the same from the outside?
Is Prizm ok for everyday and driving? I've read somewhere that it makes reading on computers and phones difficult, is this true?
I'm asking this because Crossrange Round has that lens colour in Prizm version but not in Polarized version, but I wouldn't want to discard the polarization either.

Prizm Sapphire looks more pinkish from the inside vs non-Prizm Sapphire. I actually like non-Prizm Sapphire quite a bit and have used it for a while. Only this past week I got a set of Prizm Sapphires and noticed the pinkish tint. Used them one morning for my kids school's field day outside in bright sun and they worked very well.

I think you are confusing the issue about Prizm making computers and such difficult to read. It is the Polarized that does that. All polarized lenses will do that, some worse than others.

If it is just a Prizm lens you should be fine. If it is Prizm AND polarized then you run into the issue.

Prizm vs non-Prizm Sapphire look just a bit different from the outside but is hard to tell if they are not side by side. My non Prizm ones look a bit more chrome like than the Prizm ones.

Thank you for the info about polarization! You saved me quite a bit of trouble, I can't give up the ability to read screens just for less glare.

Latest Posts

Back