• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

What hue or color are they when looking through lens? Oh wait, Midnight Sun? I have those for my Juliets but they are polarized and the mirroring is not super strong. They sent me another set but they are the same but I really like the clarity when looking through them and the color hue is a greyish blue like Ruby almost. Again I know this is opinion but I'd really like them to be tested at an Oakley facility to see how they compare to Oakley.

What hue or color are they when looking through lens? Oh wait, Midnight Sun? I have those for my Juliets but they are polarized and the mirroring is not super strong. They sent me another set but they are the same but I really like the clarity when looking through them and the color hue is a greyish blue like Ruby almost. Again I know this is opinion but I'd really like them to be tested at an Oakley facility to see how they compare to Oakley.
These are definitely not bluish looking through. They are grey. While I think the bluish tint of Ruby is the best thing ever, not everyone likes it, so I imagine this is a revision if they aimed for the same in the past. When I first started trying aftermarket lenses, I was looking for a good clone of Ruby with less fruby on the finish, but retaining that cool blue tone. Fire is great in it's own rite, but fire and Ruby together is not nearly as cool. In my experience so far, none of the aftermarket lenses I've tried had that blue. I want to try a set of Linegear Navy to see if the blue/purple base yields that same feeling while looking through, but $60 for a non-polarized I may hate is a bit steep. Totally waiting for a Linegear sale to try those and the purple based jade.

These are definitely not bluish looking through. They are grey. While I think the bluish tint of Ruby is the best thing ever, not everyone likes it, so I imagine this is a revision if they aimed for the same in the past. When I first started trying aftermarket lenses, I was looking for a good clone of Ruby with less fruby on the finish, but retaining that cool blue tone. Fire is great in it's own rite, but fire and Ruby together is not nearly as cool. In my experience so far, none of the aftermarket lenses I've tried had that blue. I want to try a set of Linegear Navy to see if the blue/purple base yields that same feeling while looking through, but $60 for a non-polarized I may hate is a bit steep. Totally waiting for a Linegear sale to try those and the purple based jade.

Regarding Ruby's bluish base, you might find this thread interesting:
Can the iridium coating affect the base tint appearance?

Just got some Seek lenses in the mail today , bought them 50% off this week. At 17$ a set I bought all 4 options they had. Turn around was quick (2 days) and each pair came with separate lens and frame pouches.
Madman glasses have been 75-150 on eBay and Amazon this month . Paid 75 for my frames and now 68 on lenses and I have a full set with colors for under 150$. Low cost and quality aren't usually synonymous but I did pretty great this time.
Here are the fire and clear lenses, I got these in the light-box at work while I had a chance today. I am a macro photographer that specializes in jewelry and my eyes hurting the last couple weeks was one reason I splurged on frames and lenses .
Clear seemed to help with my eye fatigue while doing photography for a few hours and the fire had good color enhancement on the trees and sky while driving. Great lenses especially for the sale price, also If you do a facebook link they are an extra 10% off on top of the sale price.
Don't be hating round frames and good deals bro...
Screenshot_20170710-193500.png
Screenshot_20170710-193912.png

Just got some Seek lenses in the mail today , bought them 50% off this week. At 17$ a set I bought all 4 options they had. Turn around was quick (2 days) and each pair came with separate lens and frame pouches.
Madman glasses have been 75-150 on eBay and Amazon this month . Paid 75 for my frames and now 68 on lenses and I have a full set with colors for under 150$. Low cost and quality aren't usually synonymous but I did pretty great this time.
Here are the fire and clear lenses, I got these in the light-box at work while I had a chance today. I am a macro photographer that specializes in jewelry and my eyes hurting the last couple weeks was one reason I splurged on frames and lenses .
Clear seemed to help with my eye fatigue while doing photography for a few hours and the fire had good color enhancement on the trees and sky while driving. Great lenses especially for the sale price, also If you do a facebook link they are an extra 10% off on top of the sale price.
Don't be hating round frames and good deals bro...
View attachment 355923 View attachment 355928
First welcome to the forum. Glad you made it here.

Hopefully you didn't get a pair of knockoffs. Even though the Madman's have come down in price quite a bit I've seem some knockoffs hit eBay. I can't recall if it's these or the Badman style or both, but I recall hearing the hinges are fragile so be careful.

Just to prepare you, this post may get some less that positive remarks about your lens choice, especially since you stated your eyes have been hurting you. There have been some that have argued and proven to some degree, that a good number of after market lenses, just don't have the optical clarity you get from OEM or higher end after-market. If memory servers correct the best quality lenses are made from poly carbonate. Seek I believe are not. I believe they are triacetate cellulose and, some, more knowledgeable than I in the subject, believe TAC lenses are not worth it.

I own a few pair of after-market lenses and they do all look good, but I can see where some question the quality.

We'll see what the experts have to say.

Be easy on him boys and girls.

Thanks again for joining.

Yeah I noticed the clear ones didn't clean very easily when dirty , the mirror coating on the others seemed to clean off alot easier though. Fit wasn't really tight like the factory lenses. I noticed the notch on their lens fits the sponge area at the base of the lens ring not the notch on the frame, sounds counter-intuitive but just something I noticed.
Got mine from world of optics 2 weeks ago , they have some new ones up for 150 but it's a pretty good deal. Checked with Oakley customer service before ordering to make sure the warranty was valid through the seller.

Hmmmm after reading this I ordered me a set of ikon deep blue for a pair of fuel cells. I also got a set revant elite syncline rose mirror on the way for a dispatch. Can't wait to see how they are. I know the lower revant lenses cause me to get dizzy. I have a set of revant elite in a monster dog and it doesn't seem to bother my eyes at all.

Any one else got pics of ikon 24k gold and rose gold?

Last edited:
Tried my ice mirror seek lenses out today and thought the color enhancement was pretty good outdoors . They got unusually dark looking directly at a computer screen though , anybody know what causes the lens to darken so much in front of the computer screen. It literally darkened like transitions to create a shadow. I was thinking the mirror coating was to blame as the iridium lenses were fine.
Overall I'm happy with the lenses , they were look great and function was good for the price point. Now I can scratch these all to hell without feeling bad about my prizm lenses getting too much wear on off days. For 15$ a pair I'll call them bargain winners of the month/year.
Screenshot_20170712-094602.png
Screenshot_20170712-094801.png

Back