SteveRV

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
Would really appreciate some help identifying these sunglasses - I think they’re original eye jackets? I’ve had them for years and managed to break the right arm on them while skiing last week - gutted. I’ve looked on the oakley website for spare parts but they don’t seem to have them - can anyone recommend where best to get a replacement arm (if possible)?

thanks in advance
Steve
AF87DB50-D7C5-4A25-8483-68EEBE2F1360.jpeg
4E1F202C-D9AD-491A-A299-90D14EE29F59.jpeg
747F891B-C31B-45D4-9706-C260FDDD0547.jpeg

Riga Mortis

Oakley Enthusiast
Scotland
Hi all,
Would really appreciate some help identifying these sunglasses - I think they’re original eye jackets? I’ve had them for years and managed to break the right arm on them while skiing last week - gutted. I’ve looked on the oakley website for spare parts but they don’t seem to have them - can anyone recommend where best to get a replacement arm (if possible)?

thanks in advance
Steve
View attachment 705533View attachment 705534View attachment 705535
Hi welcome , yes these are cobalt eye jackets you might be very lucky and find one here , but it is possible to repair these by pinning and gluing the arm then use a piece of shrink tube as a bandage under the earsoock . I had to do this with my cobalt minute .

Last edited:

mjt42

Oakley Expert
Premium Member
UK
Great advice from Riga Mortis - the break is in a good place to make a good repair and will be hidden by the ear sock.

These are first generation Eye Jackets which are notorious for being brittle. There is a second generation pair with improved materials which are more durable. Your lenses and ear socks are interchangeable with these.

SteveRV

Oakley Beginner
Hi welcome , yes these are cobalt eye jackets you might be very lucky and find one here , but it is possible to repair these by pinning and gluing the arm then use a piece of shrink tube as a bandage under the earsoock . I had to do this with my cobalt minute .
Hi Riga Mortis (great username!). That’s great, thanks for the advice. I will give this a go - fingers crossed.
When you say “pinning”, did you drill at very small hole and use a piece of metal on the inside, or did you just put a pin along the outside?
Thanks again
Steve

SteveRV

Oakley Beginner
Great advice from Riga Mortis - the break is in a good place to make a good repair and will be hidden by the ear sock.

These are first generation Eye Jackets which are notorious for being brittle. There is a second generation pair with improved materials which are more durable. Your lenses and ear socks are interchangeable with these.
That’s great, thanks for the advice. If the pinning doesn’t work I’ll look into the second generation pair.
Thanks again
Steve

Tomcat14

Oakley Expert
Stockholm, Sweden
Any idea what lens tint these lenses might be?

Beardo0628

Oakley Expert
Maryland
Any idea what lens tint these lenses might be?
They remind me of the deep blue polarized.

New Threads