• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
OK..Sorry for the delay. I switched internet service and they had to run new lines and all kinds of nonsense.

oakley 010.JPG
oakley 021.JPG

oakley 031.JPG

There you have it guys and gals.

I thought they were X-Metal Romeo, but wasn't 100%. That's why I posted here to get it confirmed.

I don't have the box any more and I know that hurts the value of them right off the bat, but I do have a spare set of nose pieces and 4 or 5 different ear pieces in different thicknesses.

What do you all think?

Thanks for the help and your time.

MUHerd

congratulations you found $100 laying around. dont even bother cleaning them, ill give you $125 for em hehehehe. Excellent find. my favorite xmetal. if I didnt have all i need of that colorway, I would have given you a serious offer, but you would easily get $400 for the condition they are in. of course a lot more if you had the matching serial box, up to $550? $600 is my top price for this type of romeo Like-new in Box.

Yup, great find. And honest pricing from the ever reliable dragonvoi (the dragon that hordes R1's instead of gold and jewels). This will be my next purchase as soon as my bank account replenishes!!!

WOW!! I never would've guessed that much. I knew they were worth quite a bit, but didn't imagine how high they had appreciated.

I know I have to clean them. The reason they aren't cleaned really good now is that I just took them out of their pouch where they have rested for over 10 years and took the pics. My niece has the nice camera and she's stingy with it's use. She pestered me the whole time to get it back to her so I couldn't stand there and take my time to get perfect shots.

They are a great pair of glasses for sure. Years ago, before I got these, I had the same style but with a gold type of finish on the frame and a goldish type of iridium lenses. I had to send them back to Oakley because the paint(?) started flaking off. They replaced them and I sold them not long after and started wearing these. Since I had other pairs to choose from, I would only wear these sparingly cause I really liked them and didn't want anything to happen to them. Also I was into fishing a lot back then and wore polarized glasses quite a bit and these aren't polarized....at least I don't think they are, so they didn't get used a lot.

I have my eye on some other Oakleys now. I haven't had Oakleys as a daily wearer for several years now. Some of the "wire" framed models really look good to me. I haven't found any place close to me that has the ones I like to try on yet.

Thank you all very much for helping me. I really appreciate you all taking the time for me.

MUHerd

ROMEO is my first pair of OAKLEY sunglasses. I bought it less than US$150 from a duty free shop during SARS in 2003. The pair is a classic. It fits me well because of wide face. I have just bought a few pairs of Pit Boss II less than @US$200, which size is similar to ROMEO. Have a look and you may like it.

hi, MUHerd thats a great pair there, just like money in the bank
like you i've also been a oakley wearer for a long time but that doesn't mean that you are also any sort of expert.
I have read this whole thread in 2 minutes but all the way through i was hoping that this turned out to be a genuine story.

Last edited:
Back