• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

POLL - What to call the new "x-metals"?

What to call the new "x-metals"?

• Total voters
It's obviously a touchy subject for some. I feel lucky that we've got these new badman and madman at all. Everyone has their opinion but the new glasses are lovely in my opinion and no other manufacturer has anything close. At least oakley are still making stunning sunglasses and that's all that's important

Semi-metals or notX-metals?

I was just watching Dann's review of these new ones on o-review. He brings up whether or not they're really x-metals, and says, "I have a definitive answer for that. The answer is, who cares?"

It cracked me the **** up... :D

What was also funny was his kid in the background having a snack and goofing around. A couple of times the kid starts getting out of hand, then suddenly there's a cut in the video and the kid is back to behaving again... Hmmm, wonder what happened during the cut? lol...

At the end, though, he does make a point that echoes what I've said elsewhere, that you should evaluate them on their own merits, not on how they're marketed...

Funny, I was watching it just now too.
Personally, I think they're X-Metals. Man, take a look at the Madman design, that **** SCREAMS Oakley.
Crazy designs, ahead of their time, are definitely part of the "X-METAL definition". I understand the criticism on the component part, but c'mon, company and their products evolve.

I'm a metal-head (i.e. headbanger!) too and I heard so much about for example, Metallica, when they 'sold out' with the bluesy touch or writing ballads etc... but the thing is, Heavy Metal today wouldn't be what it is without Metallica. Same thing with Oakley and the X-Metals. I know some people are keeping the discussion and criticism healthy and constructive but to the haters... just take it elsewhere please!

but the thing is, Heavy Metal today wouldn't be what it is without Metallica.
i dunno about that.....

Heavy Metal was out long before Metallica.....

lets not pretend that Iron Maiden, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath never existed before Metallica....

i dunno about that.....

Heavy Metal was out long before Metallica.....

lets not pretend that Iron Maiden, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath never existed before Metallica....

Agree, but I never wrote 'Heavy Metal wouldn't exist without Metallica', I wrote 'Heavy Metal wouldn't be what it is today without Metallica'!
Kinda the same thing with Oakleys. Sunglasses would exist without Oakley, but the X-Metals brought it to a whole new level.
I know you guys preferred the Ferrari analogy but you know... :D

Agree, but I never wrote 'Heavy Metal wouldn't exist without Metallica', I wrote 'Heavy Metal wouldn't be what it is today without Metallica'!
either way you type it, i still wouldn´t agree...

Metallica could have NEVER EXISTED EVER and Metal would still be the same as it is today...

Metallica didn´t do "anything" that changed the course of Metal forever - they didn´t "mold" Metal bands today...

Metallica was cool, but they never possessed the power to shape the future of Metal of what it is today....

I was just watching Dann's review of these new ones on o-review. He brings up whether or not they're really x-metals, and says, "I have a definitive answer for that. The answer is, who cares?"

It cracked me the **** up... :D

What was also funny was his kid in the background having a snack and goofing around. A couple of times the kid starts getting out of hand, then suddenly there's a cut in the video and the kid is back to behaving again... Hmmm, wonder what happened during the cut? lol...

At the end, though, he does make a point that echoes what I've said elsewhere, that you should evaluate them on their own merits, not on how they're marketed...
Dann's kids are effin' adorable. And I hate kids.

Latest Posts

Back