• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

POLL - What to call the new "x-metals"?

What to call the new "x-metals"?

• Total voters
I didn't read all 33 pages but it just refers to the design philosophy (SLOGGING). No detail as far as what is X Metal. Maybe it is in subsequent posts in the thread?

I think the most interesting bit I took away from that thread was this
Crosshair is not a typical X-Metal in the sense that X-Metal is reserved for those models made at our Nevada factory... like Romeo, Juliet, XX, Penny, etc.

Jim

POS
Lol. That sucks. All he did was drop it
uploadfromtaptalk1424911657164.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1424911660356.jpg

I like O-metal. This more acuratley reflects the design and build. Drop the "X". Bring the flex bridge back or call it something else (i include the half X there, i dont believe that should be considered an x metal ether. Only reason i would even consider it is it had the same packaging and coin that the x metals had.. And was made of x metal ;)) but to me the X is the nose bridge. That flexing nose bridge and light weight was the innovation.

For haters who will ask aboutbthe R1, its exemp. The nose bridge is a seperate peice and is a defined X. I still need to score one of those but i have been eying a performance center sw1911... That might get funds sooner than my sunnies :)

either way you type it, i still wouldn´t agree...

Metallica could have NEVER EXISTED EVER and Metal would still be the same as it is today...

Metallica didn´t do "anything" that changed the course of Metal forever - they didn´t "mold" Metal bands today...

Metallica was cool, but they never possessed the power to shape the future of Metal of what it is today....

I actually find it interesting how you find Metallica to be so irrelevant to metal music. But hey, this is subjective in the end of the day rite? Not to derail so much from the Oakley topic, lemme know if you'd like to talk more about it in the off-topic section!

Also worth remembering the Hatchet, an all aluminum frame, was not a part of the Xmetals.

Man, this is another model I kinda regret trading. My Hatchet. Hmmm... if I could go back in time... No! I have to focus on my Ruby collection :)

Back