• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
thanks for reminding, but i am not looking back. i am forward looking to what's coming next.

Me too!

51iaTQllXWL.jpg

I'm actually not sure what the exact model and frame of the pair I have. These were purchased sometime in the mid 90s - thinking around 1996 (could've also been '95 or as late as '97). I pretty much only used them for ski trips a few times per year and they have some scratches from falls and lugging them around several states at a time, and so they have some moderate cracking to the frame in addition to some scratches that look kind of rough in aesthetics but aren't bad in practical application when wearing them. There are probably more scratches than I could get to show through the photos.

The box I have may or may not be from this particular pair of O's as I did have a different model during that timeframe (the ones with multiple holes at the top of the lens). I can't find that particular pair, however.

Didn't realize there were so many different frame and model combos. Back then most people locally were buying them from the small kiosk vendor in the mall - might've been a Sunglass Hut though I can't recall.

photos:

I'm actually not sure what the exact model and frame of the pair I have. These were purchased sometime in the mid 90s - thinking around 1996 (could've also been '95 or as late as '97). I pretty much only used them for ski trips a few times per year and they have some scratches from falls and lugging them around several states at a time, and so they have some moderate cracking to the frame in addition to some scratches that look kind of rough in aesthetics but aren't bad in practical application when wearing them. There are probably more scratches than I could get to show through the photos.

The box I have may or may not be from this particular pair of O's as I did have a different model during that timeframe (the ones with multiple holes at the top of the lens). I can't find that particular pair, however.

Didn't realize there were so many different frame and model combos. Back then most people locally were buying them from the small kiosk vendor in the mall - might've been a Sunglass Hut though I can't recall.

photos:

M frame Heater

Says it right on the box

M frame Heater

Says it right on the box

Thanks! What is the frame color/design? And like I said, I wasn't sure since I had two different pairs of Oakleys in the mid 90s. I wasn't sure if this box was even for this particular pair as I lost the other pair. Any ballpark idea of how much they would go for if I decided to unload them?

photos:

Second Generation M Frame Heater, crystal clear frame, +red lens.

Thanks for the replies and I'm not sure yet. Trying these on again was nostalgic as I used to enjoy these and wore them with a black Oakley ball cap as well for a couple of years. But after I got eyeglasses I mostly stopped wearing sunglasses even on vacations (dumb idea, I know).

Last edited:

photos:

@neill

If the frame is cracked and the lenses are scratched, it sounds like a beater pair. Value is going to be low if that’s the information you’re after.

I can see in the picture that the frame is cracked in half.

Back