• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses - Revant/Walleva/Fuse/Ikon/Linegear...etc

Not sure if someone else has reviewed these yet, but here goes. I usually stick to oem custom cuts, but these are my yard work pair and split jacket lenses are getting tough to come by anymore.

Polarized Ikon Iridium for Split Jacket - Emerald Green Mirror
Per the Amazon listing, mirror coating on a bronze base with 12% VLT. Comes with a cloth and spray for cleaning.

The green mirror coating is very reflective but isn't quite green all throughout. My lovely assistant said she can't see my eyes from any angle. The green coating does have a nice Kelly green color in the center, but quickly transitions to a BLUE mirror similar to a Deep Blue Iridium color, not DWP. Overall, a nice green to blue, but not pure or consistent to 1 color.

They fit is perfect. No other comment there.

Looking through them Ikon lenses is actually more pleasant than expected. The bronze base is relaxing and feels close to the oem bronze and not the buttery yellow tint I think Tungsten delivers. Tungsten isn't one if my top favorites, but I love Titanium for some reason. Just more relaxing. These Ikon lenses feel like Titanium , but let more light in. I think the 12% VLT is too generous and feels more like 14-16% based off my other lenses. The anti reflective coating is intense (see pic). It wasn't super bright sun out, so can't comment yet.

These are comfortable to my eyes and wore them for several hours outside on this mostly cloudy day without any issues. Not sure of optically testing them, but clarity was not an issue. Overall performance is exactly what I needed. I'd purchase Ikon again and recommend them to anyone looking for a hard to find replacements when an oem cut isn't an option.

Pics:
In the box
20171231_140959.jpg

Inside AR coating
20171231_141025.jpg

Outside of lens
20171231_141144.jpg

Looking through on a partly cloudy day
20171231_141043.jpg

Mounted in the frames
20171231_141339.jpg

same traffic, but x metal XX. They do have them for the Badman, though as I have a red mirror set in those atm. Thank you for the review @Xformr bc otherwise, i probably wouldn't have considered that lens. I had missed that it was an amber lens. Thank you

same traffic, but x metal XX. They do have them for the Badman, though as I have a red mirror set in those atm. Thank you for the review @Xformr bc otherwise, i probably wouldn't have considered that lens. I had missed that it was an amber lens. Thank you

No prob.

The amber tint is what drew my attention and I was looking for something in the 12-14% VLT range to replace my VR28 Polars I had (not VR28 BIP since that was too dark for the desired function). When I mow and work in the yard, I prefer a contrast that makes the grass blades pop, but that's not too dark so I can see without removing when going in and out of the garage. Since I've spoiled my eyes, it's usually a tough call to stray from oem, but the Ikon green satisfied those parameters. For $30ish, if a rock or stick pops up and scratches these, they are (claim to be, at least) shatter resistant and won't hurt my feelings too much to replace.

I may have to try out the gold or the infamous Ikon red lenses next...

Not sure if someone else has reviewed these yet, but here goes. I usually stick to oem custom cuts, but these are my yard work pair and split jacket lenses are getting tough to come by anymore.

Polarized Ikon Iridium for Split Jacket - Emerald Green Mirror
Per the Amazon listing, mirror coating on a bronze base with 12% VLT. Comes with a cloth and spray for cleaning.

The green mirror coating is very reflective but isn't quite green all throughout. My lovely assistant said she can't see my eyes from any angle. The green coating does have a nice Kelly green color in the center, but quickly transitions to a BLUE mirror similar to a Deep Blue Iridium color, not DWP. Overall, a nice green to blue, but not pure or consistent to 1 color.

They fit is perfect. No other comment there.

Looking through them Ikon lenses is actually more pleasant than expected. The bronze base is relaxing and feels close to the oem bronze and not the buttery yellow tint I think Tungsten delivers. Tungsten isn't one if my top favorites, but I love Titanium for some reason. Just more relaxing. These Ikon lenses feel like Titanium , but let more light in. I think the 12% VLT is too generous and feels more like 14-16% based off my other lenses. The anti reflective coating is intense (see pic). It wasn't super bright sun out, so can't comment yet.

These are comfortable to my eyes and wore them for several hours outside on this mostly cloudy day without any issues. Not sure of optically testing them, but clarity was not an issue. Overall performance is exactly what I needed. I'd purchase Ikon again and recommend them to anyone looking for a hard to find replacements when an oem cut isn't an option.

Pics:
In the box
View attachment 419420

Inside AR coating
View attachment 419421

Outside of lens
View attachment 419422

Looking through on a partly cloudy day
View attachment 419423

Mounted in the frames
View attachment 419424

Excellent review, thanks @Xformr!

I'm normally strictly OEM, but I'd consider a set of these since I know we have similar taste in lenses. Too bad they don't make them for the original Half Jacket.

the red are great for what they are. as others have noted, even with the included spray, they are hard to keep clean. for $30, you cant go wrong with them. I tried the blue, but the green tint looking through was too much for me. ikon sent me a backup set of the red as a replacement when i conveyed my dismay at how green/yellow the view was. the ikon lenses may not be in the same class as Oakley and LG Japan, but they are great lenses, nonetheless. at 1/4 to 1/2 the cost, they are nothing short of amazing.

I do like the quality, but I don't like that green tint that most of their lenses come with. Their customer service is top notch. Had a faulty Valve lens, so they sent new ones. They had a weird smudge within the interior portion of the lens...out of view but it was noticeable in light. Nice review @Xformr

As far as “best clarity” for aftermarket lenses, I’d go with Dillon NIR...

I have yet to wear any kind of Oakley lense that is more clear and pleasing than my Dillon NIR’s...

There is an entire exclusive club on this forum that will agree with me...

They’re not cheap, but you’ll notice immediately upon wearing them...

They’re not cheap, but you’ll notice immediately upon wearing them...
Alright, I have to ask where you guys are all getting these Dillon lenses from? Trying to source them here in the UK has left me with nothing but failure and frustration.

Alright, I have to ask where you guys are all getting these Dillon lenses from? Trying to source them here in the UK has left me with nothing but failure and frustration.

How many kidneys do you really need?

Best route is buy one of the styles that will fit an x metal frame (check Donor Lens Guide thread) and send those lenses to one of the choppers. Not sure about resources across the pond. Might be the same guys that most folks use here on the U.S.

Your other option is to hope that a member here sells a set. Somebody just offloaded like 4 sets just this week. Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back