• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I know these are Chrystl’s.
Never seen this colorway, and have been wanting a pair of Chrystl’s for a while. These popped up, great price, but, not sure what collection they are from?
D3DC1FF8-9461-427C-942F-590CDD29704C.jpeg
F6892B6B-C1C9-4EF9-9CA5-ED667D60C8D7.jpeg

Hi,

so I've been trying to identify the code of the Oakley Oil Rig sunglasses that I want to purchase for awhile now, I contacted sellers, shops, I even contacted Oakley's official support but they as well were not able to help me.

Please do not ban me as I'm not trying to solicit any offers (read the forum's rules) but rather find out the model or color code of the sunglasses I intend to get. Some sellers has asked me for this to see if they can get them for me.

Basically, I'm looking to identify the model number of the Oil Rig sunglasses with matte frame, red logo on the handles and black or grey iridium lens. The lens perhaps can be a different color, but I want the red logo on the side.

The most informative resource I've found so far was a listing on a shop, but since I'm not sure if I can to post the link, I'll just type the info bellow.

The model # of the sunglasses that are similar to the ones I want to buy is OO9081-03-464-28. From this # I find out that OO9081 is the series #, 03-464 is the color code and 28 is the size. There was also an UPC Code 700285232898.

Now, these Oil Rig's logo is black but like I said, I'm looking for a red one.

Isn't there some standardization for the code? For example, lets say, the second digit of the color code determines the color of the logo. So, if the second digit is 1 the logo is red, value 2 - sliver and value 3 - black. I'm just guessing.

Sorry for the long message. Thank you.

Hi,

so I've been trying to identify the code of the Oakley Oil Rig sunglasses that I want to purchase for awhile now, I contacted sellers, shops, I even contacted Oakley's official support but they as well were not able to help me.

Please do not ban me as I'm not trying to solicit any offers (read the forum's rules) but rather find out the model or color code of the sunglasses I intend to get. Some sellers has asked me for this to see if they can get them for me.

Basically, I'm looking to identify the model number of the Oil Rig sunglasses with matte frame, red logo on the handles and black or grey iridium lens. The lens perhaps can be a different color, but I want the red logo on the side.

The most informative resource I've found so far was a listing on a shop, but since I'm not sure if I can to post the link, I'll just type the info bellow.

The model # of the sunglasses that are similar to the ones I want to buy is OO9081-03-464-28. From this # I find out that OO9081 is the series #, 03-464 is the color code and 28 is the size. There was also an UPC Code 700285232898.

Now, these Oil Rig's logo is black but like I said, I'm looking for a red one.

Isn't there some standardization for the code? For example, lets say, the second digit of the color code determines the color of the logo. So, if the second digit is 1 the logo is red, value 2 - sliver and value 3 - black. I'm just guessing.

Sorry for the long message. Thank you.
Matte Black w/Red icons may have been a custom order. In that case there would be no identifying number.

Oh, after I made the post, I kind of started to think that the ones with the red logo might be replicas.

Well, then I guess I'll go with the ones with a black logo like the ones I posted above. Just curious, what kind of logo's colors are most prevalent on Oil Rig sunglasses?

Is there perhaps an Oil Drum model with a red logo on the handles? Hmm... But I kind of like the Oil Rig more.

The Ducati Oil Drum had red icons. Depends on if your looking for the gen one with square O icons or the gen 2 with castle icons.

Just FYI there really isn't much standardization on the SKU numbers other than the on the newer models the Model number always proceeds the variant. Those numbers aren't tied to a specific color (unlike something like Nike shoes where 0=Black, 1=White 2=Brown, =Green ect ect) all the trailing numbers OO9446-0462 would be the order it was released within the model group and what I believe is the size.

The no real Standard for the older models that followed the XX-XXX naming convention. Special editions tended (but not always) to start with a prefix of 12 or 24 but sometimes non special editions also had that prefix. Its kinda hit or miss.

Back