• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Ah, no. I think you're reading things into photo glare, on an 8 year old pair of sunglasses, which were made in the USA, unlike modern Oakleys which are made today in a different factory, on different equipment, in China.

I think you're all basically going "Well they're in Brazil they must be fake" (Ignoring that Brazil has some of the richest people in the world and brand name goods are everywhere) looking for whatever confirms your bias without taking a rational approach to analysis. It makes no sense that a fake of an 8 year old model has that much detail or precision of manufacture.

Sorry guys, you're just wrong. But I'm pretty sure nothing anyone says will change your mind, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm not so sure they are fake. They have:

Laser etched lenses
High quality microprinting
Correct product numbers
Well defined lettering on the "Made in U.S.A." and "HOLBROOK"
Colors are correct

There are also 2 series of Julian Wilson Signature series Holbrook. I think these are the originals, which are just regular Holbrooks with extra printing added to them.

I call genuine.

"Correct product numbers" OO9102-24
Did I misread something?

Ah, no. I think you're reading things into photo glare, on an 8 year old pair of sunglasses, which were made in the USA, unlike modern Oakleys which are made today in a different factory, on different equipment, in China.

I think you're all basically going "Well they're in Brazil they must be fake" (Ignoring that Brazil has some of the richest people in the world and brand name goods are everywhere) looking for whatever confirms your bias without taking a rational approach to analysis. It makes no sense that a fake of an 8 year old model has that much detail or precision of manufacture.

Sorry guys, you're just wrong. But I'm pretty sure nothing anyone says will change your mind, so I'll leave it at that.
The sku isn't even right. Did you sell these to him or something?

I used to know everything when I had 5 posts too.

Back