• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
it’s hard to tell from pictures. A lot of the fakes x squared a I’ve seen don't have real temple shocks. They are just metal where u would insert it. I don’t know if I trust any lenses in that good of shape. People that keep lenses in that good of shape usually have all their paper work and boxes lol. Doesn’t mean the frames are fake though.

Frame looks good, BUT I am a little skeptical of the fact that the case is fake and the bag looks suspect too. and of course, the parts where the details count, are not close up. as mentioned, the screws in the nosebridge needs closer pics and around the hinges. would be good too.

Finally, the lenses never came standard for that frame so if they are legit, they may have been swapped and it explains why the orbital gaskets are not lined up correctly. or they could be a really good fake.

advice is for this pair if getting it to use extra protection for payment or meet in person to check it out first.

finally, a good indicator would be the price. if they want $150 -$250 Yellow flag - proceed with caution. $150 or less Red flag, probably fake. Over $250 - might be worth it if they are close/willing to ship.

Hi, all.
Just received my second pair of Bottlecaps frame to make us of a spare set of lenses. I suspect they are knock-offs, since the inside of the left arm lacks the embossed "Bottlecaps" and there is no SKU visible at the ear end of the same arm.
Has anyone heard of authentic Bottlecaps lacking these two features?

Oakley Bogus Bottlecap i.jpeg

Oakley Bogus Bottlecaps 2.jpeg

Can't speak to the "bottlecap" embossing specifically but some models came both ways, like the scar.

If it's a fake, it's pretty darn close to the polished root beer/bronze colorway.

Latest Posts

Back