• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
I am highly interested in buying a pair of Troy Lee Phobia Gascans. Does any one know if these have ever been faked?

Hi

I have just found the following Oakleys for sale on the Internet.

The deals seem to be too good to be true, which means that they probably are.

Has anyone else heard of or dealt with these people?

2012 Oakley Sunglasses, Oakley UK Online Store For Men&Women

Oakley UK Sunglasses Outlet,Cheap Oakley Sunglasses Clearance

Cheers.

Karen

Yeah... Those are fake...

The stickers on the lenses and generic boxes are a dead give-away.

Also on the Juliets, the orbitals dont have screws as they should... The earstems curve outwards which says fake... And the lens colors are fugly.

There are plenty of tips in this thread that will tell you how to spot fakes...

Also as you said... If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I am highly interested in buying a pair of Troy Lee Phobia Gascans. Does any one know if these have ever been faked?

I haven't come across any... But that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Just look at the artwork on the earstems... It should be crisp and clear.
Fakes tend to be of very low quality... If it looks like it was painted by a 10yr old Pakastani, it probably was.

I haven't come across any... But that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Just look at the artwork on the earstems... It should be crisp and clear.
Fakes tend to be of very low quality... If it looks like it was painted by a 10yr old Pakastani, it probably was.

The tough part for me currently is the ones I am trying to buy are in West Virgina and I am in Florida. I highly doubt the guy would take them back if I thought it was a fake.

The tough part for me currently is the ones I am trying to buy are in West Virgina and I am in Florida. I highly doubt the guy would take them back if I thought it was a fake.

If you pay through paypal you should be covered...

Also... The fakes never come with the proper box or bag.

Why do some Oakley's have a white serial number on the arm, and others don't (even within the same model)? At least not in the stores, the displays don't have them. My theory is they don't want people copying the serials off the displays but then again I sold Oakleys a long time ago and never heard of such a thing nor noticed till recently.

If they are custom orders they won't have serial/model numbers on them.
Thanks. I got all inceptioned when I noticed mine (which I got brand new but from eBay) had white serials but my others didn't (they WERE special ordered)...it was that little weird difference that made me think I had gotten fakes....the worlds BEST fakes...lol. Like I said, I was like inception where that tiny element grew and grew and grew till finally I went mad with paranoia (I didn't wanna ask and look stupid either, lol) and finally I saw a pic on here where I could see a white serial number on their glasses and let out a big ol' PHEEEEEW...but yeah, didn't know why some didn't have it.

I found a pair of Oakley Thump 2.0's in my city for only 55$, do any fakes even exist? I haven't been able to find any reason to believe they are fake.

Back