• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Can anyone help determine whether this brown Oakley Straight Jacket is fake or not?

The logo compared to the black one seem different.

Thanks

IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG
IMG_0741.JPG

It looks legit. First gen Straight Jacket. How do the rubbers feel? If they feel more like stiff plastic then fake but it all looks good from here.

It looks legit. First gen Straight Jacket. How do the rubbers feel? If they feel more like stiff plastic then fake but it all looks good from here.
I'm not certain about those icons. They look squared off rather than rounded. Also the curvature of the earstems where they come in contact with the frame itself. I have a few straight jackets. They are all like the black one shown.

I'm not certain about those icons. They look squared off rather than rounded. Also the curvature of the earstems where they come in contact with the frame itself. I have a few straight jackets. They are all like the black one shown.
The black one is a New Straight Jacket (1999) and the other is the Straight Jacket (1996). The icon on the original is molded like the first Eye Jackets and others.

@GRFMotorsports should know better than I if it's real.

The black one is a New Straight Jacket (1999) and the other is the Straight Jacket (1996). The icon on the original is molded like the first Eye Jackets and others.

@GRFMotorsports should know better than I if it's real.
All of mine must be newer. Could have sworn I got a pair in 96 and the icon was recessed like the black one. The older design sits up on the surface making it look like it was an add on to me.

thinking about buying these pitboss II tomorrow from a Craigslist ad locally and I wanted to check with the more experienced forum members here to make sure they are legit and if I'm getting a deal or getting screwed lol. He says he's only worn them a few times and they are like new. I can get them for $165 is that a good price?

IMG_5996.JPG

IMG_5997.JPG

IMG_5998.JPG

IMG_6001.JPG

IMG_6002.JPG

The rubber feel like unobtanium. It comes with this mf bag too. I just scored a classic pair (refer to the year 1996).

Thanks for confirming @SiRacer420 @Medusa50 & @GRFMotorsports

IMG_0750.JPG

Last edited:
thinking about buying these pitboss II tomorrow from a Craigslist ad locally and I wanted to check with the more experienced forum members here to make sure they are legit and if I'm getting a deal or getting screwed lol. He says he's only worn them a few times and they are like new. I can get them for $165 is that a good price?

View attachment 354773

View attachment 354774

View attachment 354775

View attachment 354776

View attachment 354777

Hi, it looks legit to me and the price is a steal. See our New In Box price for reference: For Sale - Brand-New-In-Box - Pit Boss II Matte black OO9137-01 & Polished Black OO9137-02

Back