• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
e9eny4an.jpg

Hey these monster dogs are fake correct? They came with a pair of minutes and a wire I got... the otheres are nice though.

OK, so I was watching this auction with the yellow Straight Jackets, RARE Vintage Oakley Straight Jacket Sunglasses Yellow Black Gen 1 04 043 | eBay and I already have a pair but mine are more of an orange tinted yellow. Mine match the pic on O-review. Right off the bat the icon on this pair is silver, mine is black. The print on the bridge looks good to me, the print cast on the inside of the arms is different though compared to both of my Gen I SJs. So... were these fakes?

I was watching them too, hoping they'd go near starting price.

I had a few other issues. The rubber appears to be rootbeer, and the transition on the arm to the sock area doesn't look quite right. I don't have one to compare to, but generally the transitions are more sharply defined to keep the rubber in place.

It also looks like the hinge itself is longer than the pic on O Review shows, but it might just be the angle.

Back