• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Im not that fluent in all the apps your folks use, but how does one buy an item that's sold - from the few places I've browsed when something is sold you cannot connect the seller on it. It like auto blocks communication... so how can he shark?

@htrap2294 had you ended up with the C six, for 75 would you have sold it for 75 or less...? or would you have flipped it, maybe not instantly but later down the road... because to look down on @BoostBear for flipping, while you say you don't have an issue with it. I don't understand why all ya'll are mad at him

One can’t really be an Oakley collector if their intention is to flip a csix. I would keep that **** lol

Im not that fluent in all the apps your folks use, but how does one buy an item that's sold - from the few places I've browsed when something is sold you cannot connect the seller on it. It like auto blocks communication... so how can he shark?

@htrap2294 had you ended up with the C six, for 75 would you have sold it for 75 or less...? or would you have flipped it, maybe not instantly but later down the road... because to look down on @BoostBear for flipping, while you say you don't have an issue with it. I don't understand why all ya'll are mad at him
Are you Tyler Durden or the narrator?

I will not tell you how he can shark, but I will tell you it is possible. You can figure it out if you want to.

I never had a problem with flipping. I have an issue with screwing over other members by sharking deals that have already sold or in the process of selling and then attempting to flip for a profit.

Answers are in bold. I will say though, the strategy BoostBear utilizes is not very effective.

Sorry I'm lagging behind in replies, as you send yours I'm still working on my other messages...

I take it as essentially this was the straw that broke the camels back in your own opinion of who @BoostBear is as a person and as an additional or lack there for of to the community.

So @htrap2294 was the listing of C Six your doing or, it just so happen to work out that @BoostBear don goofed by posting in here ha
Correct, he can do what he wants. It's not illegal - it's just unethical as the idea behind OF is a community of collectors.

I don't like to be blind so I'd rather use my own methods to know who I am dealing with.
unethical as the idea behind OF is a community of collectors

Is there like a stickied post of what the ethics are of the community of collector, like a bible or rule book or 12-steps of collectorship ethics?

Sorry I'm lagging behind in replies, as you send yours I'm still working on my other messages...

I take it as essentially this was the straw that broke the camels back in your own opinion of who @BoostBear is as a person and as an additional or lack there for of to the community. Correct. In other scenarios, he was able to weasel his way out.

So @htrap2294 was the listing of C Six your doing or, it just so happen to work out that @BoostBear don goofed by posting in here ha
I listed that C-Six as bait.

unethical as the idea behind OF is a community of collectors Correct. Flipping, some people frown upon but the general consensus is that everybody needs to flip from time to time to continually fund their collection. This was never the issue. I repeat this because you thought flipping was the issue - it is not. Screwing over another member to flip is the issue.

Is there like a stickied post of what the ethics are of the community of collector, like a bible or rule book or 12-steps of collectorship ethics? You can't teach ethics & how not to be a douche flute.

Answers in bold.

I take it as essentially this was the straw that broke the camels back in your own opinion of who @BoostBear is as a person and as an additional or lack there for of to the community.

unethical as the idea behind OF is a community of collectors

Is there like a stickied post of what the ethics are of the community of collector, like a bible or rule book or 12-steps of collectorship ethics?

I'm guessing the idea they have on my ethics, is largely due to a pair of FMJ half jacket I listed which everyone thought I bought on Mercari to Flip on here... despite providing proof of my purchase history from Mercari that which clearly showed I didn't purchase the FMJ they were thinking of (hell I didn't even realized there was one on there) but they had their mind set and wouldn't change it. So I'm un-officially blacklisted in a few members' minds particularly the veterans as I understand it, but they don't allow callout threads here so it's basically like high school gossip and just gets shared via pm's....

I presume next time I'll walk away when I'm told "I have an offer I'm consider" instead of asking how much or just throwing an offer out there, I didn't see what I was doing as wrong considering it waasn't sold. If it was marked as sold welp oh well (as I understand @htrap2294 believes I would've found a way to buy it out from the buyer) However I now understand despite it being an open listing with a price (not marked as sold) inquiring to an add hearing from the seller they have an offer in consideration is still considered frowned upon. Because I'm taking away someone elses chance to obtain an item, who @htrap2294 believes I had knowledge of it being a member on here prior to making my offer of 80 shipped.

Alright well I'm done for tonight - apologies to anyone I rubbed wrong, hope ya'll have a great weekend. Peace

I'm guessing the idea they have on my ethics, is largely due to a pair of FMJ half jacket I listed which everyone thought I bought on Mercari to Flip on here... despite providing proof of my purchase history from Mercari that which clearly showed I didn't purchase the FMJ they were thinking of (hell I didn't even realized there was one on there) but they had their mind set and wouldn't change it. So I'm un-officially blacklisted in a few members' minds particularly the veterans as I understand it, but they don't allow callout threads here so it's basically like high school gossip and just gets shared via pm's....

I presume next time I'll walk away when I'm told "I have an offer I'm consider" instead of asking how much or just throwing an offer out there, I didn't see what I was doing as wrong considering it waasn't sold. If it was marked as sold welp oh well (as I understand @htrap2294 believes I would've found a way to buy it out from the buyer) However I now understand despite it being an open listing with a price (not marked as sold) inquiring to an add hearing from the seller they have an offer in consideration is still considered frowned upon. Because I'm taking away someone elses chance to obtain an item, who @htrap2294 believes I had knowledge of it being a member on here prior to making my offer of 80 shipped.

Alright well I'm done for tonight - apologies to anyone I rubbed wrong, hope ya'll have a great weekend. Peace

I'm not believing anything - I can post chronological order of SS.

The timeframe goes like this:
1. You ask if I ship these.
2. I say it's still in process of sale.
3. You ask how much, I state price. Note, I could've said $75 (full asking price) and you still would've offered more. I will explain this in later points.
4. You offered $80. I stated other party countered with $95. You outbid him again. (Again, he paid more than full asking price and now you're offering more yet again).
5. I tell you that you seem to be interested in an old pair of sunglasses.
6. I had to ask twice what they were called (which you now told me after realizing you probably weren't going to get the deal).

I can go on, but the point has been proven. You first attempted to shark the deal, then you got into a fake bidding war, and then after realizing you couldn't win - you ruined the deal for the other "buyer".

@htrap2294 I take it you don't do ebay auctions... or if you do you only make 1 bid at the start when there are no other bidders. As means to not out bid anyone?

Since that's that what I see here in this C Six thing, it wasn't marked sold. Just like even when you are the top bidder and someone comes in at 0.5 seconds, and takes it from you... sure it's okay to be mad about it.

But you're talking about it like @BoostBear let you win the auction, it was marked as sold then @BoostBear goes to the seller and tells them they will outright pay more than @htrap2294 won the auction for.

Back