• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Last month I found an auction on ebay with the title "Oakley sunglasses with box". Turned out to be these with an x-metal vault. I wanted the vault, sent an offer that was accepted, and have a vault now:cool:

As far as the glasses are concerned... I only wear X-metals. I think these are zero 0.4, but there are mulitple conflicting pictures on the internet. I thought I found them on o-review, but this colorway wasn't listed.

If anyone knows what model they are, what are they worth?

Thanks.

6679972153_b4298dbdd2.jpg
IMG_0060 by jcesl2, on Flickr

6679969409_5ff2be212d.jpg
IMG_0061 by jcesl2, on Flickr

6679966425_4c93d83cbf.jpg
IMG_0062 by jcesl2, on Flickr

6679963467_920540a928.jpg
IMG_0063 by jcesl2, on Flickr

I thought that, but if you look on ebay, there are 4 auctions for 0.4. And all of them are diffeent than mine, they have the Oakley icon on the front of the frame attached to the lens. On mine, the icon is on the arms. Looking at completed auctions for 0.4, I found this one:

OAKLEY ZERO 0.4 COBALT +RED SONNENBRILLE SUB JULIET MEDUSA BOB MOON 0.2 0.3P N2T | eBay

(Assuming its ok to post a completed auction?) Those have the icon on the arm like mine. Shouldn't all 0.4's look the same?:blink:

The 0.4s are some of the most confusing in Oakley taxonomy.
There's 0.4. 0.4 squared, then new 0.4 squared and so on.
Yours is 0.4 with cobalt frames, I'm quite certain.
Lenses appear grey, though cobalt usually goes with +Red.
Might just be the lighting on your photo.
I'll post pics from my Zeroes when I get the chance.

The 0.4s are some of the most confusing in Oakley taxonomy.
There's 0.4. 0.4 squared, then new 0.4 squared and so on.
Yours is 0.4 with cobalt frames, I'm quite certain.
Lenses appear grey, though cobalt usually goes with +Red.
Might just be the lighting on your photo.
I'll post pics from my Zeroes when I get the chance.

Ok, I'm starting to understand. The ones with the icon on the front of the frame are actually 0.4 squared. As far as my lenses go, I think they are blue. I can almost get the light to reflect off them and look red, but nothing like the pictures I posted from that auction. These don't seem to be worth much.

Thanks for the help!

Ok, I'm starting to understand. The ones with the icon on the front of the frame are actually 0.4 squared. As far as my lenses go, I think they are blue. I can almost get the light to reflect off them and look red, but nothing like the pictures I posted from that auction. These don't seem to be worth much.

Thanks for the help!

later 0.4's came with new arms, which were rounder. this is the older version with squarish arms.

Hi,

First off im new to the scene as my father recently gave me a pair of his old oakleys. He says he cannot remember what model they are or find its original bag. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the model of these sunglasses as I want to get some replacement lenses for them. Or let me know if I can even replace these lenses. Any help is much appreciated.

Postimage.org / gallery - IMG 1345, IMG 1347, IMG 1348, IMG 1351

Cheers

Back