• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Fake lenses for sure.

040AAF76-736C-412C-BCA0-3200137E4723.png

F43A3AD2-771D-4A28-87DB-1AFCFC9F099B.png

Hey Everyone - Im currently going through a collection of glasses. Almost all of them have SKU numbers, but I noticed some without SKU's. Is this normal for some pairs with darker frames? One pair is a Kato - everything looks good to me, but no SKU. The next pair is a Sutro S which has a O Custom logo on the right temple. The last pair is a Sutro.

I'm hoping the images come through in order on this message. Let me know what you all think and if you have any questions.

Thanks!

View attachment 980939

View attachment 980941

View attachment 980942

View attachment 980943

View attachment 980944

View attachment 980946

View attachment 980947

View attachment 980948

View attachment 980949

View attachment 980950

View attachment 980951

View attachment 980952

View attachment 980953
Custom pairs don't come with SKU numbers. Perhaps that's what you have.
If you have pairs you know for sure are real, you can use those to compare all the rest. Everything should be exactly the same. Any differences will mean it's fake.

Hi Folks, would appreciate some advice. I already own quite a few Oakleys and this is the first pair I have had doubts about. Chainlink sold as new 2 days ago, box is legit, SKU matches, bar code sticker from 5/9/2014, bag is legit. But I have serious doubts about the frames and/or the lenses. The lenses rattle, and feel loose. I have some replacement Elite polarized lenses from Revant that fit perfectly with no rattle but the lenses that came with the originals sound like a rattlesnake. Also, the text "chainlink" inside the right arm is printed rather than embossed and normally on the left arm next to the SKU. With sharp seams from a moulding process across the bridge and noticeable at the far end tips of the arms (compared to my Straightlinks from 2016). Thanks in advance.
I would upload a video if possible so you can hear the rattle.
Chainlink 1.jpeg

Chainlink 2.jpeg

Chainlink 5.jpeg

Chainlink 4.jpeg

Chainlink 3.jpeg

Hi Folks, would appreciate some advice. I already own quite a few Oakleys and this is the first pair I have had doubts about. Chainlink sold as new 2 days ago, box is legit, SKU matches, bar code sticker from 5/9/2014, bag is legit. But I have serious doubts about the frames and/or the lenses. The lenses rattle, and feel loose. I have some replacement Elite polarized lenses from Revant that fit perfectly with no rattle but the lenses that came with the originals sound like a rattlesnake. Also, the text "chainlink" inside the right arm is printed rather than embossed and normally on the left arm next to the SKU. With sharp seams from a moulding process across the bridge and noticeable at the far end tips of the arms (compared to my Straightlinks from 2016). Thanks in advance.
I would upload a video if possible so you can hear the rattle.
View attachment 982522

View attachment 982526

View attachment 982523

View attachment 982524

View attachment 982525
Sku matches Chainlink (Asia Fit) Polished Black with Black Iridium. Maybe it's just a lemon or maybe the earlier models weren't as refined.

Sku matches Chainlink (Asia Fit) Polished Black with Black Iridium. Maybe it's just a lemon or maybe the earlier models weren't as refined.
This also makes me think they are fake. Same SKU, Asian fit, polished frame, iridum lenses.
Does anyone know if those are original Oakley product photos from 2014 or composite shots of the fakes?

This also makes me think they are fake. Same SKU, Asian fit, polished frame, iridum lenses.
Does anyone know if those are original Oakley product photos from 2014 or composite shots of the fakes?
Interesting, WTF!?

@Jace Same packaging as original

View attachment 982531
Yeah dodgy as f*ck isn't it? However, I bought mine from an online Oakley dealer with legit stock and good reputation. But I have never had or heard of anyones lenses being so loose in the frame. Maybe he bought damaged stock and thought he could get away with replacing the lenses with a cheap set. Maybe he got ripped off by his supplier but he's adamant that they are legit. Just want to know if the printed text on the right arm is legit back in 2014 instead of the usual embossed on the left. If so I'll try and get a partial refund at least for the fake lenses. Let's see......

Back