• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Ask to see the cleaning bag. I've seen these before with a unauthentic cleaning bag. Usually the seller thinks it's a genuine cleaning bag and it'll pass the usual fake test.

The only bit I don't understand is the no paperwork, the unauthentic valves I've seen come with the usual Oakley cards etc. that make them seem genuine. In fact, it's got to the point where Paperwork is irrelevant really, all the good fakes come with the correct paperwork anyway, so there's no real point using that anymore as leverage as to whether or not an item is genuine or not I'd be inclined to argue.

ooauctions is legit and it's pretty common for resellers to sell items without a box (due to the fact that Oakley can potentially track down a reseller's source and get them in trouble). As for the models being "cheap," you should know that we resellers often buy our Oakleys from authorized dealers for 60-80+% off msrp. I wish some of the members here would actually do some research before jumping the gun and saying items are fake..

djb, thats sounds interesting. for example yesterday went to sunglass hut, and the girl show me a lot of models not in dislpay, all of them came in just a single plastic bag, like 50 of the same model...... i guess before sell it to a costumer they put the papers and box, etc.

I really don't know how it works at retail establishments like Sunglass Hut and can only speak from my own experiences. I order thousands of pairs each month, and every unit I receive comes in full retail packaging with paperwork (except for MPH models, which usually don't come with any paperwork). But resellers (like ooauctions and swininc, for example) will often sell their Oakleys on eBay without the packaging (or with the bar codes removed), and it's likely because Oakley's agents frequently buy from resellers to try and find out where they are getting their inventory. They can't really go after resellers (although they do like to send threatening legal letters) since they're not doing anything illegal, but they can go after the authorized dealers who are selling to them since their contracts prohibit them from those types of wholesale transactions You can learn a lot about where a pair came from by looking at the lot/batch numbers, dates, names, etc printed on the factory packaging.

I really don't know how it works at retail establishments like Sunglass Hut and can only speak from my own experiences. I order thousands of pairs each month, and every unit I receive comes in full retail packaging with paperwork (except for MPH models, which usually don't come with any paperwork). But resellers (like ooauctions and swininc, for example) will often sell their Oakleys on eBay without the packaging (or with the bar codes removed), and it's likely because Oakley's agents frequently buy from resellers to try and find out where they are getting their inventory. They can't really go after resellers (although they do like to send threatening legal letters) since they're not doing anything illegal, but they can go after the authorized dealers who are selling to them since their contracts prohibit them from those types of wholesale transactions You can learn a lot about where a pair came from by looking at the lot/batch numbers, dates, names, etc printed on the factory packaging.

This is true to an extent, but the supply chain is a real mess at the moment. I don't want to point fingers, but there are 'authorized' dealers who are taking big risks and big shortcuts these days.

Call Oakley if they have any on stock, i got my ice iridium for the x-squared like that, and was with a good discount. Should try.

Latest Posts

Back