• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Well I guess I'll have to see if these ice lenses will fit the other frame I have coming. Thanks for all your help.

@BoostBear may be able to help.

I've got an eye for detail so I mocked up a comparison showing what I see as wrong.

Although I don't personally own any myself so Jase_nz take what I say at your own risk.
Key give away would be the sku number not existing, followed by flat head screws holding the plates.
Photos aren't great but proportions of the 'CE' are thinner than they should be, also the PB II logo doesn't resemble the correct proportions or font structure.

Screenshot_20200225-062249_Messenger.jpg

Well I guess I'll have to see if these ice lenses will fit the other frame I have coming. Thanks for all your help.

The bevel shouldn’t stop you from swapping the lenses though. Whiskers are a bitch to get the lenses seated right. The trick is to make sure you have the lens in all the way on the temple side, then secure the lens on the bridge side with the screw. You need to make sure you have it all the way in the temple side otherwise you won’t be able to fit the bridge side of the lens correctly.

The bevel shouldn’t stop you from swapping the lenses though. Whiskers are a bitch to get the lenses seated right. The trick is to make sure you have the lens in all the way on the temple side, then secure the lens on the bridge side with the screw. You need to make sure you have it all the way in the temple side otherwise you won’t be able to fit the bridge side of the lens correctly.
Think I'll send them off and have then installed. I really need the polarized lenses for off shore.

Afraid if I keep messing with them I'll strip out the screws.

Last edited:
I've got an eye for detail so I mocked up a comparison showing what I see as wrong.

Although I don't personally own any myself so Jase_nz take what I say at your own risk.
Key give away would be the sku number not existing, followed by flat head screws holding the plates.
Photos aren't great but proportions of the 'CE' are thinner than they should be, also the PB II logo doesn't resemble the correct proportions or font structure.

View attachment 709204
Thanks for a very well researched piece. they were fake I am almost sure about it. upon telling the seller if he didn't have any box or papers he advised he didn't have. I advised him that they are fake and he said thanks and told me he would take the ad down as they didn't cost him anything and it wasn't a bother. I noticed them still for sale in a week after so I had a friend message him to potentially buy. He advised my friend that they were genuine and for sale for $950!!!

I had to tweak the frames a tad. I think it was just the difference in the newer lens style and the older frame. It seems to be ok now, I can twist and move the frame and the lens doesn't pop out now. Only time will tell. Thanks for everyone's help.

Hi all.

New to the forums. I bought these about 15 years or so ago. Can you guys tell me if they are the real deal or not? They are now super loose on one side of the nose piece and I would like to try and fix them however no point if they are fakes.

Hopefully the pics work...

20200305_200914.jpg

20200305_200924.jpg

20200305_200934.jpg

20200305_200944.jpg

20200305_201056.jpg

20200305_201101.jpg

Hi all.

New to the forums. I bought these about 15 years or so ago. Can you guys tell me if they are the real deal or not? They are now super loose on one side of the nose piece and I would like to try and fix them however no point if they are fakes.

Hopefully the pics work...

View attachment 709312

View attachment 709313

View attachment 709314

View attachment 709315

View attachment 709316

View attachment 709317

They are real. They get loose after heavy use that’s all normal. You just have to get a tune up and they will be as good as new. Many people on the OF do tuneups. The x-man is Ken of them and can tune it up for you. His websites below. Basically fill out the form and send to him.

Back