• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Any help on these? I've never seen the Plate in person. Thanks!

DSC_0365.jpeg
DSC_0370.jpeg

DSC_0374.jpeg

DSC_0375.jpeg

Is there any indication that these glasses or their lenses are not authentic? Recently sold them on the bay and the buyer claims they’re not authentic lenses but the frames are. He also claimed this model only came with polarized lenses which I disproved easily by referring to O-Review. However I can’t find any definitive guide on how to tell if the lenses are authentic or replacements.
Either way, I told the guy I’d accept a return even though the listing had no returns. The jerk left negative feedback already, so just wanting to know for future reference and for when I talk to Ebay CS.
5DCE27E8-69D0-4219-A30D-31EDF0CA8CBE.jpeg
E7644E33-D0D5-4B56-9B95-50E63625915C.jpeg
3F3C37F8-729D-4D84-9E75-B79DB57C35D9.jpeg
2550B184-0BDA-4877-8E91-6B25A420C4B5.jpeg
B67EF197-2D1F-4890-BF97-0C8E7EFBD192.jpeg
9B28F2CB-43D5-4E3D-A7F2-73AD1A80B689.jpeg
8FCC91A7-5491-4033-8268-76F957ABBF81.jpeg
321868D3-D1AB-4954-BD1A-C080468AD38F.jpeg

Is there any indication that these glasses or their lenses are not authentic? Recently sold them on the bay and the buyer claims they’re not authentic lenses but the frames are. He also claimed this model only came with polarized lenses which I disproved easily by referring to O-Review. However I can’t find any definitive guide on how to tell if the lenses are authentic or replacements.
Either way, I told the guy I’d accept a return even though the listing had no returns. The jerk left negative feedback already, so just wanting to know for future reference and for when I talk to Ebay CS.
View attachment 719113View attachment 719114View attachment 719115View attachment 719116View attachment 719117View attachment 719118View attachment 719119View attachment 719121
Hate to say it but make sure you inspect your lenses when you get it back, in case he tried to pull a switcheroo on you.

If the buyer claims to be knowledgeable about Oakley glasses (to the point that he can identify incorrect lenses in Oakley glasses) but then won't believe the info on O Review, then I'm not sure what you can do. Is he claiming the lens is a fake +Red or that it is the incorrect color altogether? Oakley 12-781 is pretty clearly a Titanium Pewter Whisker with +Red lenses. If you google "Oakley 12-781," the first 8 or so responses are other online sales of this exact colorway. There's also this closed sale on eBay of a seller (who extensively sells Oakley glasses) who sold 25 BNIB units of Oakley 12-781, and the photos are a dead match of your glasses: NEW OAKLEY - Titanium Ti Whisker - Sunglasses Pewter Frame/ +Red Iridium, 12-781 | eBay .

There's also the possibility the buyer just got buyer's remorse and is making up reasons to get out of the deal.

thanks for the input so far!

He’s claiming the reason the lenses are aftermarket is they don’t fit as snugly on the frame as a pair he references, that they’re edges are angled too much...
is this a legitimate indicator of lens authenticity? Or just an attempt to force a return on a no return sale?

thanks for the input so far!

He’s claiming the reason the lenses are aftermarket is they don’t fit as snugly on the frame as a pair he references, that they’re edges are angled too much...
is this a legitimate indicator of lens authenticity? Or just an attempt to force a return on a no return sale?

Oakley changed the bevel cuts on wire lenses during the whisker run. Prob why he’s saying they don’t look right.

Oakley changed the bevel cuts on wire lenses during the whisker run. Prob why he’s saying they don’t look right.
So from what you can see in the provided pictures, there are no indications that these lenses aren't original to these frames?

Latest Posts

Back