• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Do not pay $800 for a standard pit boss

CEE9120B-F050-4CEB-B78D-C273991E26FF.png

The early rep samples and production pairs of the Pit Boss did not have the ‘A’ on the arms. That is not necessarily the best way to tell a fake.

The early rep samples and production pairs of the Pit Boss did not have the ‘A’ on the arms. That is not necessarily the best way to tell a fake.
Early samples being prototypes ? Based on the pictures posted and information he’s provided would you say the glasses in question are indeed legit ?

What do you think is the best way to tell a fake or verify a legit pair?
My way to tell a fake is the shape of the ti plate as I described in my earlier post.
I have a pair of PB without the A in the arm but the shape is correct.
I also have a fake pair from years ago that has the wrong shape plate and lenses are not interchangeable....

Early samples being prototypes ? Based on the pictures posted and information he’s provided would you say the glasses in question are indeed legit ?
100% fake. They are so close to getting them right but there are the tells such as the shape of the plate that they could fool an inexperienced store person...

May not be %100 but it is one factor, of a few, to access when you can't get your hands on the item before purchase. Sure there may a few w/o the "A" but I won't gamble on them unless I can hold them first or they are from a trusted member that knows the history on them.

May not be %100 but it is one factor, of a few, to access when you can't get your hands on the item before purchase. Sure there may a few w/o the "A" but I won't gamble on them unless I can hold them first or they are from a trusted member that knows the history on them.
The lenses from genuine and fake pairs are also not interchangeable, so this is another way to check authenticity if you have them in hand....

Bro, this deal is an easy walk away.

First: Never pay retail.
Second: Never gamble at that kind a price.
Thirdly: Be patient and do your homework.

Walk away from this one and ask for a solid member to hook you up.

I bought a mint full set PB1 of 3 bad pictures at half that price.
With the help of a Member I reduced my risk and took a chance.
My Gamble paid off.

Back