• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime wearer of Mainlinks, and I recently purchased a pair from eBay that I'm looking to receive feedback on. The seller had 100% positive feedback and numerous Oakleys for sale in the store. Seller lists these as "Custom No SKU#" Mainlink Shallow Water Prizms.

When I got them, I distinctly noted several differences from multiple 100% legit pairs I own:
1) USA Made red tag at inside right temple
2) No SKU/serial markings of any kind
3) Blue O on outer right temple

Just about everything else seems right about them:
1) Weight is within a gram of legit pair(s)
2) Prizm is etched onto the outside of the lens, identical to genuine
3) Open/close action is firm and matches other pairs
4) Feel of frame materials is identical
5) Shape and proportions are identical
6) Optics quality is high and Prizm coating appears correct in multiple lights to photos of genuine lenses online
7) Bag they came in is identical to genuine

Let me know if additional pictures would be helpful, including comparison photos to known genuine pairs. Thanks so much for your help!

View attachment 978456

View attachment 978457

View attachment 978458

View attachment 978459

View attachment 978460
Probably a custom pair if the seller also says so.

Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime wearer of Mainlinks, and I recently purchased a pair from eBay that I'm looking to receive feedback on. The seller had 100% positive feedback and numerous Oakleys for sale in the store. Seller lists these as "Custom No SKU#" Mainlink Shallow Water Prizms.

When I got them, I distinctly noted several differences from multiple 100% legit pairs I own:
1) USA Made red tag at inside right temple
2) No SKU/serial markings of any kind
3) Blue O on outer right temple

Just about everything else seems right about them:
1) Weight is within a gram of legit pair(s)
2) Prizm is etched onto the outside of the lens, identical to genuine
3) Open/close action is firm and matches other pairs
4) Feel of frame materials is identical
5) Shape and proportions are identical
6) Optics quality is high and Prizm coating appears correct in multiple lights to photos of genuine lenses online
7) Bag they came in is identical to genuine

Let me know if additional pictures would be helpful, including comparison photos to known genuine pairs. Thanks so much for your help!

View attachment 978456

View attachment 978457

View attachment 978458

View attachment 978459

View attachment 978460
Custom pairs from Oakley don't have Skus or anything at all. I guess early Mainlink customs had a USA MADE. Now they say Oakley Custom or something.

Custom pairs from Oakley don't have Skus or anything at all. I guess early Mainlink customs had a USA MADE. Now they say Oakley Custom or something.
Thanks. The way I read your message is that these are likely genuine given a main concern was no SKU (and also explains blue O at outside temple). Is that fair?

Are you sure this is a legit pair?
Every Mainlink I was able to find had that ugly "USA Made" near the tip of the arm and not at the hinge.
Also the Icons look off.

1658241675159.png

Back