• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Can you take a side shot with stems open? Also show the nose pieces more from the side.
Sure thing. Here you go.

A312C8B9-1AEF-4592-A4C6-9BD14C5C0B2E.jpeg

1723EB16-B55A-4CEC-99CF-B13F15A3742C.jpeg

Any time! What other Mainlinks do you have?
Thanks for asking! Here’s the whole family:
  • Gloss black Mainlink with Rx brown/amber polarized lenses with a gold partial mirror
  • Matte black Mainlink with Rx amber lenses with a red/orange mirror
  • Matte black Mainlink with Oakley Shallow Water lenses
    • Really enjoying the optics on these, but purchased for the frame
Gloss black is the daily wearer that is beginning to give up the ghost after years of wear, so I’m in the process of replacing them with something I’ll enjoy on the golf course but also as an everyday go to—hence the Shallow Water purchase where I’ll swap lenses. The red mirrors look fantastic, but they’re almost always worn for early morning golf rounds given how much they seem to brighten up the world for me.

I have a great optician, but I’m open to any suggestions around golf lenses that aren’t the stock Oakley optics.

BE0BF064-D100-40E4-87BD-C2D8651C2428.jpeg

Thanks for asking! Here’s the whole family:
  • Gloss black Mainlink with Rx brown/amber polarized lenses with a gold partial mirror
  • Matte black Mainlink with Rx amber lenses with a red/orange mirror
  • Matte black Mainlink with Oakley Shallow Water lenses
    • Really enjoying the optics on these, but purchased for the frame
Gloss black is the daily wearer that is beginning to give up the ghost after years of wear, so I’m in the process of replacing them with something I’ll enjoy on the golf course but also as an everyday go to—hence the Shallow Water purchase where I’ll swap lenses. The red mirrors look fantastic, but they’re almost always worn for early morning golf rounds given how much they seem to brighten up the world for me.

I have a great optician, but I’m open to any suggestions around golf lenses that aren’t the stock Oakley optics.

View attachment 978694
Nice! I have 4 Mainlinks: Arctic Mist, Matte Sepia, Grey Smoke, and Corten.

What is it you're looking for in a lens? I'm biased towards Oakleys, just haven't ever liked anything else I've tried.

Nice! I have 4 Mainlinks: Arctic Mist, Matte Sepia, Grey Smoke, and Corten.

What is it you're looking for in a lens? I'm biased towards Oakleys, just haven't ever liked anything else I've tried.
My #1 for a lens that I want to wear on the course is increased contrast, especially in the green/brown ranges.

I’ve found that brown or amber do a great job for my eyes, but also thinking of adding something like a blue, green, or purple mirror to mimic the Oakley Golf lenses that folks seem to rave about. I’m also a fan of polarization for golf, which I know is semi-controversial.

My #1 for a lens that I want to wear on the course is increased contrast, especially in the green/brown ranges.

I’ve found that brown or amber do a great job for my eyes, but also thinking of adding something like a blue, green, or purple mirror to mimic the Oakley Golf lenses that folks seem to rave about. I’m also a fan of polarization for golf, which I know is semi-controversial.
Have you tried dark golf? Prizm Jade polarized might work for you. It’s not as vibrant as Prizm Tungsten though.

Back